34. For a Price

[Edited]

Daniel won't leave me alone.

Throughout the past two weeks he found every way to get under my skin.

I'm not sure how much longer I can stand his winks, the way he drags his tongue around his bottom lip to tease, or the subtle caresses on my arms when Jungkook isn't paying attention. Every time Jungkook is at work Daniel has tried to lure me to his room, the indoor pool, blatantly stating how I'm the best challenge he's ever had. 

It's to the point where I no longer feel comfortable without Jungkook at home, I end up leaving, finding any excuse to get away from the house. Thankfully Tae and Jimin don't live hours away like Jin, I can escape to hang out at their place until Jungkook got home. 

Above all, whenever Jungkook and I finally had a chance to be alone Daniel swept Jungkook away, much to his distaste, but followed anyways because "it's important company business." That's the only thing Daniel claims he's here for, his mother's orders to keep Jungkook on track with his work ethic. 

Even though we both know he's full of shit.

It's obvious that Jungkook and Daniel have always had a rivalry. Part of me wonders if it's their parents doing; always having to prove that they're worthy enough to be a part of such an affluent family, more worthy than the other since youth to take a seat on the company throne.

Yesterday the two raced back and forth in the pool, swimming laps for over an hour just to see who would get tired and give up first. I pretty much had to jump in and save Jungkook myself as he couldn't move his limbs anymore while Daniel just sat on the side of the water and laughed at the frantic scene. I've seen Jungkook competitive, but never like this, never over the dumbest little things. He's been angry, but the dark swirl that taints his orbs every time he happens upon Daniel is unnerving.

Their hatred towards each other is equivalent to oil and water, Goku and Vegeta, two magnetic poles that will never touch.

'I can only imagine the things they've both suffered through to validate themselves if they're willing to fight over something as silly as bragging rights.'

Now that Daniel knows I'm the only person in his brother's life who is held to such high importance, his main priority, to the point that Jungkook has neglected his work load for me, he's willing to do whatever it takes to try and take me from him.

'He wants me because Jungkook loves me.'

He wants to break Jungkook's soul, his entire being and drink in the victory without even batting an eyelash.

Because they refuse to put down their weapons and get along, call a truce. When will they realize that they don't have to live the rest of their lives warring, pouring their blood, sweat, and tears into a pain-staking battle of tearing each other apart?