Chapter Fourteen: That Never Happened In the Book

Trigger Warning: Sexual Harassment Scene, Multiple accounts of mild fighting one of which ends with a broken arm

Recap:
After Jordan's reunion with his father, Declan gets a call from his own father that his mom is in labor. They go to the hospital, and after Jordan and Declan have a secret conversation between each other, they meet Declan's newborn baby sister, Delilah. It isn't until later did everyone realize Jordan left the room.

And that's what you missed on GLEE!

~

"By how nervous you are, someone would think you're the father," I told Declan as I sat on the couch next to him.

After a couple of hours in the hospital, we all went back to the base. With the weekend tomorrow, we were in no hurry to go home.

Declan let out a forced laugh. "She's going to stay in the hospital for a few weeks. I'm making my dad check in with me every few hours." He opened his phone again to see if there were any notifications. Realizing how obsessed he looked, he pocketed his phone.

"I'm really happy Delilah has you for a big brother." I thought about it. "I pity her but-"

"What? Why?"

"Well for one thing," I began. "There would be no guy in a three-foot radius of her."

He snorted at that. "Yeah, sure. Feet."

We both laughed.

"Has either of you heard back from Jordan?" Bennett asked, walking into the living room.

I shook my head. "It keeps going to voicemail. I think he turned off his cell."

"Why do you think he left like that?" Bennett asked us.

Declan was silent at first. "I-"

Bennett's phone suddenly rang. He opened it and told us, "It's an unknown number..."

He accepted the call and suddenly demanded, "Who is thi- ?" He stopped short.

Declan and I shared a look. I've never seen Bennett react like this before.

"I understand," he said, his voice still calm yet still held a tilting tension. "Thank you for informing me."

When he hung up, he looked at the both of us.

"Jordan's in jail."

Declan put his head in his hands then kept cursing at Jordan.

This had to be one of his practical jokes. I couldn't stand the thought of losing Jordan like this. Neither Declan and Bennett either.

I looked back at Bennett as Declan got up from the couch. "What happened?"

Bennett sighed. "He got caught painting in some alley."

Declan was about to punch the wall, but at the last moment stopped. He set his head against the wall.

"It's my fault," he muttered. "It's all my fault."

"What are you talk about?" Bennett asked him.

"It's from our talk back in the hospital," Declan explained. "I was so racked up in these emotions because of Delilah and I talked to him... Why did I have to talk to him? I shouldn't have said anything to him." He cursed again.

"You told him what?"

Declan looked back at us. "Jordan... had something I didn't have in the beginning. And even though it seems like years too late, he has someone that actually came back, came to be with him. I just wanted him to see it that way." Declan paused. "I told him he's like a brother to me. And that meant he'll be Delilah's brother too, so he needs to look out for her if anything happens..."