Can we Get the Hell Out of Here???!

A/N: BIG BIG SPOILERS IN AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END. YOU PROBABLY WANT TO READ THAT.

Maya's P.O.V

"What do you mean 'I can save us all?'" I huffed out, irritated by the entire situation

I didn't ask for this kind of power, nor did I want it. The Phoenix can go kiss my ass for all I care.

"You can get us the hell off this island" Gil rephrased

That caused everyone's head to snap towards me. God dammit Gil.

Let me say this again. Maybe Gil knows more about the Phoenix than any of us, but that doesn't mean he's very 'there-there' (ha, anybody get it?).

I saw the wheels turning in everyone's mind, one by one.

I was about to be in some very deep shit.

If you haven't caught on yet, let me explain.

We gave Uma a fake wand in order to get Ben back, Uma found out it was a fake wand and got mad and blah blah blah. But now, all of us VK's are standing on her ship, and I'm another way for her to get off of this stupid island.

Now we may continue.

"Grab her!" Uma shouted

"Shit. Guys?!" I yelled starting to slowly backing away from the pirates

"Hands off buddy!" Carlos yelled, kicking a guy in the chest who had reached out and taken me by the arm

Just like that the fighting started up again. But this time, everyone was fighting for my safety, not Ben's.

I was backed into a corner, no weapon to defend myself, just hiding from the chaos that was surrounding me.

"Psst!" My head snapped towards the sound

"Gil? What are you doing?" I asked the blonde boy

"Helping you" He grumbled "Now let's go before I regret it"

I blinked. Once. Twice. Three times.

"Well come on" He called, sneaking over to the pipe, that led back towards the Isle.

I literally had to shake myself in order to get my feet to move. I slowly crept behind him shuffling my way over to the pipe leading back towards the Isle.

We stopped in front of the pipe, and he motioned to it "What are you doing? Go!"

I just stared at him "Why? Why are you helping me?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair, we were still crouched behind the plank that leads to the pipe "You saved my grandfather, and he's the only decent family that I've ever had" He explained

"And..?" I pressed, knowing that he wanted to say more

"And.., I don't always want to be evil" He admitted giving me a small smile

I smiled back at him "Just wait, I'll get you out of here" I promised, "Your grandfather too, but your dad..." I trailed off

"BY ALL MEANS LEAVE HIM HERE" He whisper-shouted quite frantically

I chuckled softly "Will do" I gave him a small smile "Thank you" I leaned over and gave him a small, soft kiss on the cheek, then stood up quickly and retreated across the plank, and over to the pipe that led back to the Isle.

I shoved my fingers in my mouth and whistled for the VK's.

Their heads snapped towards me, and they all dropped their swords and started running.

Evie made it to me first, then Carlos, then Lonnie, Jay, Ben, and finally Mal. Mal was about three feet away from the plank when Harry jumped down from who knows where, and stopped her dead in her tracks.

"Where do you think you're goin' princess?" He chuckled dryly

Panic surged through me quickly, I went to fiddle with my ring, only to realize it was gone, replaced along with my Isle clothes, with the white gown.

Then I had an idea.

"Carlos, hand me the smoke bomb" I spoke softly, and slowly

He obeyed and slipped the last smoke bomb into my fingers.

I caught Mal's eye and mouthed "get ready".

"Now Miss Heart" Harry said turning towards me, as he now had Mal in his clutches "You can save yourself, or you can save your friends. Which is it?"

I smirked a small smile "Orange"

He cocky smirk faltered "What?"

"I choose orange" I repeated as I quickly chucked an orange smoke bomb directly at his face

The smoke bomb turned the already light sunset, orange sky into a fiery bright orange that tore through the air.

I only began to breathe again when I saw Mal standing next to me, kicking the plank from its resting position, so Shrimpy and her crew couldn't catch up with us.

We quickly ran back through the pipe, as we heard Uma scream out various curses at us.

"Get in the car, get in the car right now!" Jay yelled as we quickly uncovered the limo from underneath the tarp and all jumped into the limo to make our escape from this hell hole.

Lonnie and Jay got in the passenger and driver's seat as myself, Evie, Carlos, Mal, and Ben all threw ourselves into the back of the car.

Jay stepped on the gas and we lurched forward, and away from the dreaded Isle.

"So Phoenix huh?" Carlos broke the silence after a few awkward minutes, smiling at me slightly

I blushed and started to play with my fingers "I don't know really. I don't know what any of this is" I said, tired of being left in the dark

He grabbed my hand and started rubbing circles on the back of it with his thumb "Hey, we'll figure it out okay? Together."

I smiled gratefully at him and nodded "Okay."

I wrapped my arm around his bicep as I leaned my head on his shoulder and shut my eyes.

But that just made it worse.

I hadn't realized it until I had some time to think, but all the times that 'The Phoenix' had apparently saved someone, was playing on the back of my eyelids like a movie scene.

And no matter what I did it wouldn't stop.

So I stopped trying.

I relaxed into Carlos' shoulder, the one place I felt truly safe and watched the scenes play out on the ride home.

I needed to know what I was, and if this was the way I would find out, so be it.

. . .

okaaaayyyyyy

once again sorry for the late update but i'm coming home from hawaii tomorrow so then we'll be back to a normal uploading schedule :)))

YOURE GOING TO WANT TO READ THIS:::

so we have NOT seen the last of MAYAS MOTHER in the book so far. THE PHOENIX and maya are going to have some internal as well as external conflict. WE MAY BE BREAKING SOME PEOPLE OUT OF THE ISLE. carlos and maya fallout :( so sad. AND LITERALLY SO MUCH MORE THAT I CANT TALK ABOUT BUT WILL TOTALLY ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay love you guyssssssss!!!!!!

byeeeee

-TOL<3