Chapter 36-Edited

Chapter 36

Elizabeth's POV

I watch in complete astonishment as I see Zack's men fall to the ground, one by one. None of them had pretty deaths either. With one flick of a wrist, their neck was snapped, and they were dead. They didn't even stand a chance. They didn't even see it coming.

I now understand why everyone is so afraid of Ryder. I now know why people fear him and say that he's ruthless, especially during battle. I understand why people don't like crossing him and why they try to stay away from him. It's so strange seeing this other side of him. The Ryder I know is so much different than the Ryder that's in front of me.

The Ryder that's in front of me is like a robot. He kills one person before moving into the next one. The Ryder I know made me my own library and he spent hours reading with me. This Ryder has no expressions on his face, and his eyes are dull. The Ryder I know would look at me with so much love that it would make my heart feel like it was going to jump out of my chest.

I watch in awe and fear as Ryder snaps yet another person's neck. After giving me a quick hug and kiss, he immediately went for Zack's men. The change in his body language was so drastic. Most of the men cowered and tried to move away from him. There were a few brave souls who tried to attack him, but he tore them apart easily.

I catch a glimpse of Zack's scared and disbelieving face. He starts to move back and hide behind his men.

"Don't just stand there! Attack him!" Zack yells. The men slowly move forward while glancing around nervously, waiting for someone else to make a move.

"Don't make me come after you. It will just make things worse," Ryder warns while moving towards the men that Zack is trying to hide behind.

One of the men who's behind Ryder starts slowly walking towards Ryder with a small knife in his hands.

I snap out of my thoughts and start running towards the guy.

There's no way I'm going to let my mate get killed.

Carter's vision flashes in my brain which causes me to run even faster. I shift into my wolf form, feeling a slight ache from not shifting in so long, before I attack him.

The dagger falls from his hands, and he starts struggling underneath my paws. I growl before I sink my teeth into his neck. He howls out in pain which catches the attention of some of the men around.

I guess I'm not as intimidating as Ryder because before I know it, a group of the men starts heading towards me. Before they can do anything though, a brown wolf, which I recognize as Carter, stands next to me and growls at them.

"You take the right, I'll take the left," I say to him through our special mindlink. He nods his head before crouching down into a fighting position.

The next few minutes are a blur to me. One minute, I was fighting a red wolf, and the next second I was pinned to the ground by a dark brown wolf. The wolf was snarling at me and trying to bite my neck. A few seconds later, the dark brown wolf was thrown off me. I look up and see Ryder in his wolf form standing above me. He reaches his head down before licking my face. His eyes roam over my body, looking for any injuries. After he makes sure that I'm fine, he runs off and goes to finish off the dark brown wolf.

When I glance around me, I see more people fighting Zack's allies. They're fighting in both their wolf and human forms. My heart almost leaps out my chest when I see Brian, Jake, Chris, and other members of the Blood Falls pack here.

Jake notices me and runs over to me and stands at my side protectively. If anyone tried to come near me, he would growl at them before attacking.

Once we're done fighting the men who tried to attack me , Ryder motions for Jake, Carter, and I to follow him with his head. We sneak off the battlefield and head to a secluded area. We all shift back into our human forms and Ryder immediately pulls me towards him.