Chapter 4

Princess Alia POV

I watched as Richard (The Great Red Lion) carries the knight out of the arena following the doctor.

That knight is the most mysterious person I have ever encountered. He moved so gracefully, more graceful than any other knight I saw fight.

I was very curious about his identity, I even asked my father if he could order the knight to reveal his identity but the King said that it ruins the fun, he really lives for these events.

"I'll just go to the washroom," I said while standing up and running my hands down my long dress to remove the wrinkles. My father just waved me off, very invested in watching the fight while my mother just told me to bring a guard with me.

They still haven't found me a personal guard. A lot offered to take the position but the King only wanted Richard's decision, because he trust him fully in that department.

Instead of going to the washroom, I headed to the clinic. The guards just followed me, they never tried talking to me. I am holding a part of my dress while walking for me not to trip.

When I arrived I heard people talking even before I saw them.

"This will be our secret okay doctor?" I recognized it as Richard's voice.

I peeked slightly and saw the Doctor fidgeting. Richard is a loving man but he can really be very intimidating if he wanted to.

"B-but this is i-illegal sir" The Doctor stuttered.

Richard came closer to the doctor and said something I couldn't hear but I saw the Doctor pale and nod.

I turned my attention to the Knight that was lying down on the table unconscious. Some part of his armor was removed for stitching.

His stomach was visible. He has a very toned stomach and very smooth skin, for a Knight that's very rare. Then I noticed that he has a very small waist for a man, but what shocked me was when I moved my attention upward to the chest area covered by his shirt there was a visible bump.

I gasped. The Knight of Roses was a woman.

I tried looking at the face but it was blocked by a part of Richard's body while he was talking to the Doctor about the Knight's condition.

When Richard moved, I was ready to see the face of the famous Knight but someone called my name from behind and I jumped.

"What are you doing your highness? The Queen has been asking for you" Ulric said. He is my father's adviser, he's always looking after me by my father's orders because he said I always have a way of bringing trouble. I rolled my eyes at that.

But Ulric has been with me since I was a little girl that's why he's one of the few people that I'm really close to.

"I just needed some air Ulric" I replied. He tried to see what I was looking at inside but I pulled him "Let's go, Ulric, mother must be worried"

We started walking back to the arena but I can't help but think about who that knight might be. A woman fighting in an arena is illegal in our kingdom and may lead to years in prison or even death. Now I know why he was so careful in revealing his identity because he wasn't even a he.

While walking, Ulric spoke and woke me up from my thinking "Is the search for your new personal guard been on your mind, your highness?" He asked.

I'm not ready for him to know what's really on my mind so I just nodded and smiled.

Ulric nodded, showing that he understood why that was bothering me "You know your highness, I heard the King speaking to Richard and I guess they already have someone" My eyes widened and I turn to face him.

"That was fast, Richard still has a couple of days to decide," I said shocked.

Ulric nodded "That was also what I thought, I guess Richard trusts this knight with his life. I also heard that this knight is different from any other guards because I heard the King outraged because he thought that Richard was not taking this seriously but in the end, the King's trust in Richard won"

Who might that be? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: Thank you :)