Chapter 4-

Rikki's POV

Great, now he's gone, I can tell everyone what I saw earlier today. When I saw him walk into the cafe, I couldn't believe that he was Cleo's cousin. The mysterious guy I saw on the beach! I had to wait for him to leave so that I could tell everyone about the weird rainbow thing. The guys also have just left to head off to the island.

"Great, now Percy's gone, I have something to tell you guys." I say.

"What is it?" Cleo defensively asks.

"Well, I don't trust this Percy guy, no offense Cleo. He acts as if he knows something that we don't all the time, he's swimming to Mako, and I saw him there earlier today acting really weird." I say, and I tell them what I saw him doing on the island.

"That doesn't prove anything. The camp his friends were at is probably the same one he was talking about earlier, and he did say that they learned sword fighting." Cleo says, determined to trust Percy.

"Yes, but Cleo," Emma starts, "What was that rainbow thing? How did he do that? And why did he jump into the water fully clothed? And those nicknames, Wise Girl, Seaweed Brain, Sparky, and Death Breath, what is up with those? I agree with Rikki. There's just something not right about him." I'm happy it's not just me that doesn't trust him.

"Then what do you think he's hiding from us?" Cleo asks.

"He could be one of us." I say in a hushed tone.

"You don't really think that? What about how he was so eager to swim with us?" Bella asks.

"He might know who we are, so he knew that we wouldn't say yes." Emma says.

"This is all very far-fetched. It's all just a theory. He probably isn't a merman- I mean, he seemed genuinely disappointed that we wouldn't go with him. He probably just loves the ocean." Bella adds.

"You're right, I don't think he is one of us, but he isn't human. Did you guys feel that power radiating from him? It made me want to bow down to him." Emma says. We all agree that we felt his power, but Cleo and Bella still trust him.

"I don't know who he is, but I'm going to find out. Are you guys coming?" I ask. I will find out your secret, Percy Jackson. Trust me.

Percy's POV

I lay in the water for a while, letting it restore my strength after vapor-travelling. I also will myself wet, just in case the guys arrive. How long does it take for a boat to arrive? I must have been here for half an hour now. An engine sounds in the distance. Finally! They're coming!

"I hope you guys brought camping stuff, because I kind of don't have any..." I say to them as they walk on to the island. Another guy is with them now, so this must be Zane, Rikki's boyfriend. 

"Hi, I'm Zane. You must be Percy Jackson. And we do have camping stuff." he says to me.

"The one and only." I reply, laughing. "Where do you want to set up? We could just stay on the beach, or we could go further into the forest."

"Let's just stay on the beach. If you don't know the forest, the it's pretty easy to get lost there." Lewis says. I'm guessing he's the logical one of the group.

"Sounds great. So, anyone up for a dive around the island?" I suggest, trying to have some fun with them, as they know there are sharks round here, so will probably be scared.

"I don't think the other guys would like that, but I'll go with you, since I'm a free diver. Zane, Ash, and Lewis can set up camp while we're diving." Will says to me. It's really cool that he's a free diver, I wonder how long he can hold his breath under there for.

"Let's go then!" I say as I jump into the water. Will jumps in after me, looking quite excited, or nervous. I can't really tell. 

I start to dive deep into the water, until I feel someone grab me by the foot and pull me closer to the surface. "Hey!" I shout as I turn around. I see Will's shocked face staring right at me. Why would he be doing that? He looks so shocked! Wait... I spoke underwater! Great, just great. Now I'm going to have to use the mist to make him forget he saw me speak, or he Will probably tell all of the other guys on the beach. And I was just starting to get them to like me!

"We went for a dive, saw some fish and sharks, then came right back to the island. You will not remember anything else other than what I just told you." I say to him, manipulating the mist around us, making Will go unconscious. I'm glad that Hazel taught the rest of the seven how how to do that, otherwise, I'd be in a lot of trouble right now. Oh, right. I need to get Will back to Mako before he regains consciousness. Let's go!