Float- 72

Kirishima pov
"No Kat, follow my lead-"
"I am!" He yelled in my face. I held his waist whilst he, unwillingly, wrapped his arms around my neck. It was the last song before the end of the party, and Mina had asked for a slow song. This meant that quite a few couples were on the floor. Behind Katsuki, I saw Mina and Uchida dancing, causing me to raise an eyebrow; I didn't think it was anything romantic, but still. I turned my attention back to my moody boyfriend.
"No, you haven't. Your foot goes there when mine goes there." I explained, looking down at our shoes.
"Well why do you have to be the lead anyways?" Grumbled Kat. I rolled my eyes humorously.
"Fine, you lead." Expectedly, we still stumbled to the music; you couldn't even class it as dancing. "I thought you'd be good at this. You're so coordinated at fighting?"
"Yeah. I'd be amazing at solo dancing. You're just slowing me down!" Even though he was snappy, I could pick up on the humour in his voice. I grinned at him.
"Yeah yeah, sure."

After dancing, we went to the table to gather our things. As everyone left the hall, I remembered what was happening soon; Pride. "Hey, what time is the festival?" I asked to the group.
"It starts at like one I think, so we have," Kaminari checked his watch. "two hours."
"So what's even happening, we just walk around for a bit surrounded by a shit ton of colour?" Said Kat, picking up his coat. I looked through the high windows to see that the rain had thankfully stopped, causing a rather fitting rainbow to appear. Before anyone could respond to Katsuki, we were approached by Charlotte and Sakura who were holding hands.
"Hey everyone." The pink-haired woman waved.
"So, UA, there's also an extra surprise for the winners of the tournament." Kat subtly groaned as Charlotte spoke. I elbowed him, trying to silence his attitude. "We thought to put the winning school on a float!"
"Now we know not everyone here is gay," explained Sakura, looking at Kat and I, "but I'm sure you're all still supportive and it'd be great to have such an amazing school be in our parade!" She practically did jazz hands. Cheers, squeals, and whispers came from our class before Aizawa quickly interrupted them.
"We're honoured. Thank you." He bowed slightly, looking at all of us, indicating us to copy. Luckily we all understood, including Kat.
"Now, we have a lovely float waiting for you all to take these two hours to decorate it. We know it may be challenging but just remember, you're all the main attractions. The float is just a bonus." Charlotte said, turning to lead us to the float.

For class 1A, it was go big or go home. Before we knew it, we were all on our hands and knees, glueing and painting and bedazzling. Everyone had the 'genius' idea to decorate the float as the 'UA kingdom', with Kat and I as the two kings. Kat didn't take the idea so well. "No! I'm not going to put on some silly podium to be your 'gay icons'! You are not embarrassing me like that!" But after five minutes of a tantrum, Momo was taking our measurements for king costumes.
"Come on, it'll be fun!" I exclaimed, laughing at the whole situation.
"You two will look so cute!" Painting a cardboard castle, Uraraka smiled at us. "Like having two kings for Pride, it's so smart."
"I think it's dumb." Muttered Kat as Momo places a plastic crown she made on his head. Midoriya, who was creating trees around the podium with Todoroki, began speaking up.
"And all the boys can be knights, and the girls can be," he stopped as he noticed a side-eye from Jiro. "knights, girls can also be knights if they want. Or fair maidens as well, but whatever you all want." He smiled sheepishly at her, who just nodded calmly. I heard Momo mutter something under her breath.
"I'm going to have to eat so much-" I remembered how her quirk needed lipids. Then she stood up after measuring my waist, and yelled to the class; "Wait, hands up for knight costumes and hands up for maiden costumes."

"We look stupid."
"We look great." I laughed, standing on the top of a cardboard castle with Kat next to me. Both wore robes, mine yellow and his red. Our crowns had rainbow jewels embedded in them. Behind us stood a large, cardboard rainbow, arching over us. Below was everyone else, surrounded by miniature hills, trees and houses. They all wore knight costumes or dresses, with a rainbow somehow worked into their outfit; Momo had really outdone herself.
"This is amazing!" Yelled Sakura as she entered the room.
"Truly." Charlotte added, nodding in approval.
"So is everyone ready?" Said Iida, standing at the front of the float. The girls, and most boys, couldn't hide their excitement; including Mina who pointed her hand forward and cheered;
"Good, now charge!"