Chapter 48

CHAPTER 48

I slightly groaned as the light from the windows propagated into the room in straight beams. my face scrunched up at the harsh light that fought against my eyelids. I peeked open one of them slowly as I scratched my head and sat up on the bed.

The sheets fell off my body revealing my very naked chest that seemed to have love bites scattered all over.

My cheeks resembled Dorothy's shoes as I thought about what had happened last night. I squealed as I urged the sheets over my body and covered them thoroughly.

I reluctantly glanced over to my side as I anticipated Isreal's sleeping figure only to be demurred by Isreal who had his eyes wide open as he stared at me with a grin.

My eyes widen in mirth before I clenched the sheets even tighter to my chest.

"You seem disturbed." He commented as he crawled towards me.

I menaced an eye glare as I shifted away from him. His eyes seemed to wander over my exposed back and neck before he let out an accomplished smirk. I seemed to blush even more if that was even possible.

"You seem to have more bruises on your body today than you ever had in a fight." He teased before he abruptly cuffed my wrists and pulled me over his body. The sheer sheets I had clutched towards my chest seemed to act as a thin wall between our bodies, but that didn't stop him from resting his hands on my lower back.

My heart thumped across my chest as my frantic thoughts devised to run away. But those seemed to abate when he ran his thumb over my cheeks. I settle over him before I narrowed my eyes.

"Well, it isn't my fault you are a beast in bed." I sneered before letting out a chuckle and pecked him in the lips. Before he agitated to demand more, I slipped away from his hold and hopped off the bed all along managing to possess the adept to have the sheets draped around my body.

He frowned. "Where are you going?" he enquired as he slipped away his own sheets.

"To shower," I replied casually before I got a pair of pajamas I could change to from his closet and headed towards the bathroom.

"Can I join in?" His quirky voice yelled across from the room.

"I'd rather you not," I replied as I turned on the shower before stepped in the tub.

I showered for a quite a while and stepped out completely dressed in his boxers and shirt.

"Put on something nice. I'm taking you out for breakfast." He instructed as he headed towards the shower. "I'm quite hungry after last night, so make it fast, love." He admitted before he closed the door. My cheeks seemed to redden once more.

"Do you really have to mention what happened last night every bloody time you open your mouth?" I seethed with embarrassment. His laughter echoed out of the bathroom.

"You didn't seem to complain last night, love." He remained. My face resembled a tomato before I huffed and walked away to my room.

***

"I have a lot back in my room in the mansion." I took a sip of my coffee and placed the cup gently back on the table. "Why don't we just go get them?" I suggested with a sigh. He pursed his lips and nodded curtly.

"Okay." He breathed out as he stuffed the last bite of his pancakes into his mouth. "I'll go get your clothes myself. I don't think it's a good idea for you to go back in there after all that's has happened." He alluded as he took a sip of his own coffee.

"And besides, you must be sore from last night. So, I don't think you could join in the quest where we will have to climb into your room three stories high." He smirked with a shrug.