Chapter 49

"Blaire, wake up. It's me, Syed."

Syed... hmm...

I shifted my body to the side and crossed my leg over the pillow which made my butt stick out licentiously. I pressed my tongue on the roof of my mouth as I shut my eyes tighter when the light seemed to turn on.

"Blaire," he heaved a sigh. "You need to wake up. We gotta talk."

I seemed to mumble words as I switched over to my other side.

"Five more minutes, mom," I spoke incoherently as I pulled the blanket over my head, desperate to get the beams off my face.

"Blaire!"

"I'm up! I'm up!" I squeaked as I sat up in acumen. I scowled as I rubbed my palms over my face followed with another round of mumbles.

"What?"

"I said, Turn the damn lights off! Can't you see I'm up, you fool!?" I yelled with still my eyes close. The trespasser seemed to jump in his place before he threw a sorry over his shoulder, obeying my orders.

I urged my eyes open to be greeted with Syed's masked face. My eyes widen.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I squeaked as I jumped in my place on the bed. Syed rose his brow. Well, at least I think he did. You can't really say with that mask.

"You legitimately spoke to me all this while and now the thought sinks into you?"

I smiled sheepishly as I prepared myself to use the excuse I have been using for a while now. 

"Sorry, I'm just in a haze with all the things that are goin' on. I haven't been able to cope up with things properly--"

" I ain't buying those fallacious things you seemed to be feeding everyone." He spoke as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Well, that didn't really go as planned.

"What are you talk--"

"You should already know that I know a lot of things about you by now, Blaire." He sighed. I pursed my lips and nodded before I hopped off my bed into the closet to change into something more less licentious.

"Well, You weren't really that 'gregarious', to begin with," I stated as I took a pair of joggers out of the wardrobe before closing the door to my closet to change.

"I have my ways that doesn't include much human contact." He replied back from the other side.

I scoffed as I stepped out of my shorts. "What are you? An alien who has a human allergy?" I retorted. "Now, I'll be sure to add 'feral' to your descriptive list too."

He shook his head. "You always were the fatuous one." He stated, completely ignoring my amazing insult.

Well, I'm sure he was just jealous. I assured myself as I hopped into the joggers.

"Did you just call me fat?" I enquired with a scowl as I stepped out of my closet. His eyes seemed to widen.

"Wha- No! I called you 'Fatuous' which means silly! I thought you must have a good sense of vocabulary after you just pulled off some big words on me." He enunciated with a scoff. "You proved me wrong by degrading yourself to a person who doesn't even hear the whole word."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm glad I happen to prove you wrong in some way," I spoke sarcastically as I wore my sweater.

"Your alacrity for counteracting sickens me." He spoke with a hiss. I rolled my eyes as I tied my hair up in loose bun before I shuffled towards to him. I patted him on his arm before scurrying past him.