Nate's POV: The Lake House

This will be the last chapter Nate's POV friends! This last chapter is being taken place after Nate takes Kelly to the dock and they see their shooting star. It's just an on going chapter in his point of view to wrap things up:) Feel the feels, folks.

________________________

I take Kelly by the hand, loving the way her fingers look tangled with mine as we walk into the lake house.

She's smiling. It's soft, like an angel's feather, but it's there, and she's looking at me in a way that makes me feel like my heart is going to explode out of my chest. It almost physically hurts to see just how beautiful she is.

Her hair, as soft as my imagination remembers, looks like a halo around her face. Her small baby hairs fly away from the cool lake breeze and the simple sight of it all puts me in awe.

My fingers fumble with the key to the house. Kelly's hand is still gripped in mine and like always, she picks up on my anxiety and wraps her other hand around our combined ones and leans in and kisses my arm.

A shaky breath leaves my lungs but the loving touch of her lips on my skin does two things:

One, it makes my body relax as if the feel of her so close puts my mind at ease like the stars have finally come aligned and all is right in the world.

And two, my body yearns to be connected with hers in every way possible.

When the door finally budges open, we enter the lake house to see it's dark yet welcoming.

"Do you come up here often?" Kelly asks, her eyes watching my face. It's a look that makes my toes curl, as if she is just as amazed by me as I am of her.

I have always loved summers up here with Christopher and my parents. It has been a few years since we have come up here though. Mostly because of me not being able to see how wonderful it is. It always put me in a funk and I think my funks weighed on my parents more than they did me.

"Summers," I answer but that's all I can get out. My mind has officially entered the gutter as the strap of her floral dress slips down her slim shoulder. She watches my eyes narrow in on it and her breathing hitches in her throat, her chest rising rapidly as if she reads my mind. She grips her sweater tighter in her arms.

I don't feel like talking. I have one thing on my mind but I don't want to offend her by continuing to stare at her like a sex-crazed teen. But she's so beautiful. And I am so incredibly in love with her.

I blush. I hate it. But I feel the instant heat crawl up my neck and settle around my ears, turning them the color of a freaking firetruck. The blue of her eyes crinkle in a way that shows me this amuses her. It's like her irises are the ocean and the sweet, saltiness of the water cools the fire under my skin.

"Why not more?" She asks. Her gaze fleets away from mine and around the room. All the furniture is covered in white sheets and this makes Kelly frown. She lets go of my hand and instantly I feel alone. Walking over to the couch, she flings the white sheet away from the leather. "If this were mine, I would be here all summer long plus holidays. I bet it's beautiful in the winter as well."

The sheet flies around her like a ghost of something daringly haunting. It caresses her shoulders--making that darn strap slip lower down her arm again--before falling at her feet. I blink a few times as if my mind is playing tricks on me and she is infact a ghost of a memory that I had once had.

"Do you and your family come here in the winter?"

She is still talking while I am inhumanly gawking at every move she makes. At first, I begin to panic because I don't know how long she has been talking for and knowing Kelly, she talks and talks. Especially when she is nervous. But I like that about her. It makes her seem less immortal.