23. Faces and Foes

Song: Familiar- Liam Payne and J Balvin

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

ARIANA IGLESIAS' POV:

Beth was being the best friend she is and entertaining me in return for raiding my stocked fridge.

Her excuse was that she executed a lot of energy last night, enjoying that man.

"Oh please you were back by 3 AM, even I know that you can't come so early" I joked making her choke on the watermelon.

"Oh please he wasn't my type" she brushed it off.

"Or maybe you are eager to play wife to some rich snob somewhere" I smirked hinting at what Oli said about being a fake wife.

"You were not supposed to know that..." She mumbled.

"Who's the lucky guy? Do I get to call him my fake brother-in-law?" I poked her as she sat down beside me.

"Just some boy with a golden spoon needing protection, an arrogant jackáss acting all privileged!" She said in frustration.

"Oh yeah we hate those!" I made a face with her.

"He's so irritating! Like one minute he acts all interested, like really interested and the next he's as cold as dry ice. I can't wait for this assignment to get over!" She dug her nails into my sofa seat.

"Oh and weren't you supposed to be there by his side? OMG I didn't realize it until now, you left your ASSIGNMENT FOR ME!" My eyes almost welled up.

"Oh I'd go as far as killing the Chief for you and so would you!" She pulled me in a hug. The only person I ever let hug me willingly. Except there's one more now.

We ordered Indian food for lunch and we watched a few shows for a few hours. As soon as the food came, we had our fill and turned into resting snails for the afternoon.

I heard snores rise from my fellow snail as I covered her with a throw blanket and accidentally changed the channel to Sony BBC Earth.

I watched as the narrator exaggerated the scene in front of me.

"This monkey has been separated from his family, he was left alone as he is now older." The money was searching for something.

"The temperature can fall really low in these areas, the monkey need to find someone to share warmth with..." Come on bigger monkey! Take him in your group, look he's so small and adorable.

"He has no one to cuddle with" Gosh he looks so cute!

"The temperature remains bearable, he hasn't found a place in the gang yet. Nature is giving him a second chance." Please don't die, please don't die.

"He spots the lower ranking monkey and tries to appeal to him, he lets him clean his fur. That is a sign of acceptance." Oh phew!

"That paid off and saved his live, he can now huddle against his surrogate family."

Now of course my brain had to churn this up into some weird dream as I fell asleep next to my snail.

I dreamt that Alex was the one looking for cuddles, after I disappeared leaving him all alone in the cold trees, he tried to appeal to a group of hot looking girls but they didn't pay him any attention, and he was about to settle for one of the girls as I woke up with a loud NO!

"Umphh goawai" I heard a mumble from my snail and went back to sleep.

~•~
That evening: