|02| 恋愛中

Since many told me that the reason they don't vote is because they're not reminded to, I've inserted reminders at the top of most chapters. Ignore them if you're not one of those forgetful people but just a heads up 😇

"It couldn't have been that bad." Mina assures me through the speakerphone. It's past ten at night, I'm in my room snug in pyjamas and brushing through my hair.

"I'm telling you, it was a mess. The worst interview ever."

"You're overreacting."

"I told him to shove his list... up his ass. It doesn't get worse than that. He just made me so mad I just completely lost it."

"Does he have a name?"

That raises the question, did I ever get his name?

"Not that I'm aware of, I didn't catch it. Not that it matters, I won't be working there any time soon. Ooo I wish I could just go back in there one more time and punch his stupid pretty face." I pound my fist in my hand repeatedly.

"Good luck avoiding that place, since it's close by and you walk through that park all the time. Just go back tomorrow and apologise."

I freeze what I'm doing and cringe at my phone.

"That's really bad advice. Do you want me to be humiliated? And why should I even apologise after what that bastard said to me?"

"Then you don't have to apologise, but at least ask if you got the job or not. I just hope you do what you feel is right. I gotta go bed, goodnight!" The phone hangs up and I look up in thought.

A pair of barks break the silence, I look down at Margo, the Labrador retriever thats been with me through thick and thin. I kneel down to rub his head playfully and sigh. "...What do I do, Margo?"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

At 10 am, two mornings after the dreadful interview, I cut through the gritty pathway of the park before stopping in front of the pink cafe.

I have nothing to lose at this point. It's not like he knows me... And it is the brave thing to do. But I am not apologising when I'm in the right."

When I'm bought close enough to the door, my eyes narrow onto the painfully colourful Closed sign.

Isn't that perfect. The damn place isn't even open on a Saturday, real clever. Why did I even bother coming here? This was stupid.

I kiss my teeth and sigh before turning back around. As soon as I do I almost bump into the tall, slender body that stands before me.

I stop and gasp, then slowly look up and of course... it's the jackass.

My face instantly burns up, despite mentally yelling at myself to stay calm. He looks down at me with a mask covering his nose and mouth.

"Erm... I..."

He doesn't say a word, but instead pulls a set of key from his back pocket and shifts past me to unlock the door.

Of course he's not a gentleman, so he doesn't allow the lady to enter first once he opens it. I scowl at the back of his head, but he turns and catches my glare, shooting a red tint at my cheeks.

When the lights turn on, the room illuminated like a beautiful Christmas tree. He throws the keys on the counter and rests on his elbows to facing me, but my eyes remain his outfit,

He's wearing a long Puma hoodie, ripped jeans and Balenciaga's. He sure is one casually dressed "manager", if I can even call him that. I'm still convinced his dad owns this place or something.

I stand there, more intimidated than ever. There's something about his glare that is both handsome and fricking scary.

"Well if it isn't little miss temper. Have you come to apologise?"

I scoff, trying to brush off his enchanting voice and cocky manners. "Yeah right. You were a moron, I didn't do anything wrong." I cross my arms. A gulp then rings down my throat, "But you never actually told me if I got the job or not, so here I am."

He turns his head to me and furrows his eyebrows, "Seriously?"

"Y-yes..." I say unsurely from his tone. I knew this was stupid. Screw you Mina.

"You're very rude you know. You insulted me, yelled at me, threw paper in my face and stormed out. And you seriously think I'd employ you?"

It's like he's purposely trying to make me sound idiotic. My eyes slump down to my feet as I accept the harsh answer, before turning around and heading out.

There's nothing left for me here.

"Congratulations, welcome to the team."

His words hit the back of my head like a rock, causing my eyes stretch wide. When I spin on my heel he's already holding papers to me.

My eyes just awkwardly scroll around the diner, not understanding what is going on. He's messing with me, isn't he? He has to be. I didn't even fill out the application yet.

He notices the confusion on my face and rolls his eyes before spelling it out with exaggerated mouth/tongue movements.

"You. Got. The. Job."

A series of scoffs and wheezes pound from my mouth at the sudden loss of breath.

"Take it before I change my mind."

I retrieve the papers quickly but hesitantly. "B-but I don't understand. I yelled at you—"

"Do you want the job or not?"

After sparing a long look at the contract in my hands, I bring myself to nod.

"Fill that out. You start Monday afternoon."

He leans closer to me over the counter and when I look up I noticed this guy's incredibly long eyelashes that seem to have a shimmer, and a unique mole on the bottom of his nose. He smells of expensive cologne too, like Gucci.

"I'm going to enjoy messing with you. See you at work, Lilo." After watching me closely he cracks a sexy smirk. W-what does he mean by that...

He retreats from the counter and heads towards a door. "Oh, one more thing-" He turns around.

"It's Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."

Then he leaves.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌸

Once I leave the cafe I let the wind play around with my hair. Stepping out from being in there feels refreshing, like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders... That was all so surreal. I can barely piece the recent events in my mind without giving myself a headache.

Kim Taehyung, huh?

I hate that bastard already.