46.

Hi hello this is me attempting a double update whilst redecorating my entire downstairs

*

LOCKE

Harry had won the first round  easily only earning a slight cut to his cheek, although he was distracted and I could tell. Having worked with him for as long as I had, I knew when he was having an off day and today was definitely one of those. And I knew why.

Clover.

Harry's mind was preoccupied thinking about her being in the lions den whilst he was here in the ring. I could tell from the tension in his thick shoulders and the anger behind his punches. So whilst he was getting his cheek cleaned quickly before the second round and Tanners second phone call came within the span of thirty minutes a growing pit formed in my stomach. I really hoped my long time friend and Harry's girl were okay.

"Hey man, what's—"

Tanners frantic voice cut me off mid greeting.

"Locke! It was a trap! They knew we were coming and someone's locked us in here, mate, you need to come get us the fuck out. I have a bad feeling about this shit!" Tanner frantically explained and I felt the blood drain out of my face as I looked over to the ring corner to see Harry already looking at me, his eyes were focused on me and he looked murderous.

"What? Alright, okay. We'll quit the fight and we're on our way okay? Relax man, we're coming," I motioned for Harry to come over making his jaw clenched as he stood up and stalked over to me, his pace hurried, "We're on our way! Alright-" I was cut off again but this time by a loud scream that echoed from another room and into the speaker, I flinched and I heard Tanner curse before I heard a clatter and then footsteps receding. He's dropped the phone.

"Tanner? Tanner? Are you there?!" I asked into the phone for good measure but when I heard nothing but silence I hung up turning to face Harry.

"What the fuck is happening?" Harry growled, his teeth gritted and his fists clenched. My heart was racing as I pulled out my car keys.

"It was a trap, Johnny knew they were coming. We need to go!" I rushed making Harry freeze in his place as his eyes widened and filled with pure panic. I'd never seen that look of pure fear in his eyes before and I didn't like it one bit.

In a split second he had ripped his gloves off, throwing them carelessly to the floor and shoved past me and headed straight for the exit. I glanced back at the audience that had begun murmuring at his abrupt actions before swiftly following Harry.

"If a single hair on her head is harmed, I will rip Johnny's throat out myself." I heard Harry mutter murderously as he barged out of the front doors and hurried towards the parked car. His pace was fast and his entire body was tensed. I winced after hearing his threat and really hoped he didn't do something incredibly stupid if, god forbid, Clover was hurt.

CLOVER

We'd tried everything. All the windows and doors were locked and Johnny had made sure there was nothing in the house we could potentially use to smash the windows, although, nothing would have smashed anyway as they were double glazed. The only thing that was going to smash through these windows was going to be the fire—in fact it already had through the living room windows, and the kitchen windows. Smoke was billowing in and rising towards the ceiling casting a thick, grey cloud which choked us both with every inhale and exhale.

Tanner had called the fire department but we weren't sure if they would come, as apparently they'd been warned of hoax calls from this address by an anonymous informant earlier. We were now sitting against a wall corner trying to breathe, Tanners arms wrapped protectively around me. My heart was racing against my chest and panic and adrenaline had me making jumpy movements.