Meeting Mother Nature

Opening her heavy eyes, Judith realised she was in a small room. With a large homely bed, and a small rounded window that let sunlight stream onto her body. She winced as she pulled herself up. A blinding pain in her head caused her to groan and lay back down.

She noticed that her hands were freezing. She brought them up to her face to inspect them. Little snowflakes darted around her fingers and fell gently to the blanket surrounding her. Judith sat dumbfounded.

"Ice powers? That's new." Judith realised in a rush of memories that she had gained many new powers associated with the elements. She clenched her fist in order to stop the snowflakes, but it only caused a small poof of snow and ice to cascade around the room.

"Ok, that's a little unsettling." Judith said to herself. Freaking out slightly because she had no idea of her whereabouts. All she knew was that she was in a room and in a small house.

She turned her head at the sound of a door creaking and was met with a woman smiling at her.

"Hello dear, my name is Mother Nature. I've been waiting for you."

Judith blinked a couple of times, sure that she was hallucinating.

"Ok, I must've hit my head a little too hard at that party."

"Yes, you gave me quite a scare." Mother Nature walked towards the bed and helped Judith to stand up.  She sighed at her bandages and placed a dainty hand on her head. Green light swirled around the wound and Judith felt relieved to find that it was healed. The bandage was kept on her head for so long to prevent her from bleeding out.

"Come, I need to explain to you your destiny." Mother Nature guided Judith through the small cottage and into a large garden. A huge dining table was in the middle. With various tea sets and food. The seats were marked for individual people. One had a symbol for wind, another for earth and so on and so forth.

Judith walked closely behind Mother Nature. Not really paying attention, she ran right into her when she abruptly stopped.

"Er, sorry ma'am." Judith apologized embarrassed. Mother Nature laughed. She waved her hand and green magic lit up the garden. Images were formed from the light.

"You have been blessed with the powers of wind, earth, frost, and fire. No mortals have been gifted with all of the elemental powers. You are the first." The magic formed gorgeous images of the elements. With many past humans conjuring and controlling them.

Judith stared in awe at the magic and felt at peace. The first time in awhile.

"In order to control your magic, you must be taught by the elementals in charge of them. My children to be precise." The magic formed four separate deities.

"Snow Miser, Heat Miser, The North Wind, and The Mountain King." Judith looked at them and realised just what she was getting herself into.

"Hold on, how long is this going to take? I, I have a life back home! My friend and my aunt would miss me!" Mother Nature closed her fist and ended the magic flow. The images faded away and she turned to face Judith.

"Do not worry, time will not pass while you are gone. You exist in a different realm of being." Mother Nature smiled warmly.

"O-oh, ok. Um, when do I meet these guys?" Judith very nervously asked.

"You won't have to worry about that dear. I have summoned them for a little meeting with you." Judith looked at Mother Nature with a worried expression on her face. She was still wearing her party dress. It was ripped and dirty.

"Do you have any extra clothes?" Mother Nature snapped her fingers and the green magic turned her dress into a white tank top with shorts that were at a modest length.

"Wow, why couldn't I have gotten your powers?" Mother Nature laughed and led Judith over to a large chair. It had all of the elements marked on it. It seemed to have been waiting for her. Judith shrieked when a  giant of a man was teleported into his chair. He had icy skin and a large nose. His hair was made of pure ice and he had a blue and white scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Hi there sugar plum."

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please leave a vote and comment!