<-24->

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->
I looked at the time on the dashboard, it was currently 9:30 pm.

"How was the flight?" Jaime, my driver, asked me as I buckled myself in the passenger seat.

I joked, "As smooth as it can get. I bet if Rico decides on getting an actual flying license, he'd pass."

"Wasn't that Carlos?"

"I can't tell you. I don't know the difference between those two identical twins. Besides, isn't Carlos in France with his fiancé?"

"It's your employees." Jaime shrugged.

"As well as your workmates."

"If I learned anything in the seven years of working in the mafia is not to stick your nose in people's business, same familia or not."  He explained.

I nodded my head in agreement. "There's some truth in that."

Jaime cleared his throat before changing the subject. "When your father told me to pick you up, he looked mad. Your sister must have done something big this time."

"You don't know either?"

Jaime shook his head. "All I know is that Serena is mad at your father for helping out a smaller gang who's in trouble with the Serpenti."

"Helping out?"

"Your father gave them 2.5 billion dollars worth of weapons."

"What was his motive?" I asked, surprised since this was the first time I was hearing this.

"To get a reason for the Serpenti to start a war."

"Outcome?"

"Shootout. None of our men were injured but some of the Serpenti ended up with bullets in their limbs. No one died yet."

"If the Serpenti were to fall, we'd have the West side. That'll be beneficial." I said after I thought about the reason for my father's generosity.

"I suppose so."

Even though it was a short ride, I still got to admire the streets of Milan. As we passed some sightseeing places filled with tourist, the thought of Ila came to my mind. I suddenly found myself listing all the places I would show her if she were to come here.

By no time, we arrived at the mansion that I grew up in. The light that shined to brighten up the stairs that led to the door showed my little sister's silhouette. She was there, waiting for me to arrive. I could tell that the greeting wouldn't be so welcoming. Her arms were crossed and her face was frowning as she watched me get out of the car.

Serena walked up to me and said, "I knew he'd call you."

"Hello, sorella," I said. "What did you do this time?"

"I was proving my point."

"Your point is always crazy."

"So you're taking dad's side?" Serena uncrossed her arms and set them on her hips.

"No, I don't even know what happened between you two."