23: Called back

Chapter 23: Called back
yay! We reached 8k WOo hehe😋
Please do continue to vote, comment and read the book!

Jing Xuan gallops on her horse back to the Eastern Kingdom. She arrived at the camp and headed to the horse shed as she bought Xiao Bai back into her little 'room'.

The captain and some of the other soldiers stayed in the Southern Kingdom's army camp to loot some stuff while the rest had returned back.

She walks into the army camp and was suddenly carried up and thrown into the air. Startled she looked around to see Lieutenant Gui smiling at the sides.

"Wa-whats going on!?" She yelled as she was suddenly thrown up into the air again.

They slowly put her down and ruffled her hair, messing it up.

"We heard you were practically leading the army, and saving their asses." Xun Min the captain from another group said as he looked at Xu Kang.

Xu kang rolled his eyed at Xun Min before he looked thankfully at Jing Xuan. She just smiled to him, it was no big deal.

Jing Xuan and the rest chatted as they talked about their victory. Lieutenant Gui, have to take the silver token taken from the Southern Kingdom and present it to the emperor signifying their victory.

"Jing Xuan, shall we go to town to celebrate together?" Yi Luo asked softly after everyone dispersed to do their own stuff.

"Sure." She agreed without a second thought, she headed into her tent to get ready before she left together with Yi Luo.

They headed to "Zǐ yuè cāntīng"[1] to have their dinner. Of course a little Jing Jie had also tagged along, together they've entered the restaurant and found a table.

[1]; Purple MoOn Restaurant

They ordered something simple and enjoyed their dinner together. After Jing Xuan returned to her tent, she sat down cross legged on her little bed and started cultivating. She could feel the Spirit Energy slowly floating into her, as she absorbs them.

Her eyes shoot open and a beautiful smile forms on her face, once again she could feel the hot slightly burning feeling in her body. She continued cultivating and broke through to the Water Rank.

"It wont be long before i can go back!" She said happily.

Jing jie who was outside, TingXiao who was not too far away were all able to hear what she had said.

"Go back? Where? The capital?" TingXiao asked.

Jing Jie on the other hand rushed into the room, "jiejie where are you going?" He asked.

"Uh.. no where" she smiled, now that she thinks about it. She seem to be slightly reluctant to leave, after all she had what she did not have here.

"Im not going anywhere" now she added in her head as she patted Jing Jie's head before she ushers him to go to sleep.

"Jun Xuan!" Yu Heng came running into her tent early in the morning, usually they wouldn't have done that because the lieutenant Gui Cang had forbidden the soldiers from entering.

"Wwhat?" She asked groggily, as she got up and sat on her bed.

"Lieutenant Gui needs the captain to enter the palace immediately but he is still in southern Kingdom! The only person that we believe should go is you!" Yu Heng said as he grabbed Jing Xuan out of the bed.

"I will help you change! So just go" he said as he undo Jing Xuan's stash, and the hanfu falls revealing a slightly translucent inner wear and another inner wear.

"Ah!" When Jing Xuan finally snapped out of her trance her hanfu had already dropped onto the ground.

I look so nasty!! Jing Xuan thought.

He-she is a female... and i just stripped her! Yu Heng thought as he shut his eyes and dashed out of her tent. The corners of his ears and his cheeks were bright red.

She completely ignored the fact that Yu Heng had seen her body, it was common and alright back in the 21st century it wasn't a big deal. She quickly changed into the dark red hanfu and left for the capital.

"Yu Heng!" Xu kang called for the fifth time.

Yu Heng snapped out of his trance as he looked at Xu kang, "what happened in the morning?" He asked dazed.

"Jun Xuan left for the capital. Whats wrong?" Xu kang asked, however Yu Heng seem to have lost his sense and continued dazing. Whatever happened in the morning wasn't a dream...

"She's really a girl..." he whispered quietly, leaving Xu Kang to look at him weirdly.

Jing Xuan on the other hand was not sure who should she enter the palace as. The eldest miss of the Mu Family, Jing Xuan or the 'nephew' of General Mu Xuan De?

As she was deep in thought on who should she appear as, the carriage stopped, they had arrived at the palace. She got out of the carriage and saw Lieutenant Gui Cang. She immediately rushed towards him.

"Who should i enter the palace as!?" Jing Xuan asked in a hurry.

"Your father is here, assuming he is aware, I think you have to appear as the eldest miss... we'll try to not let the fact that you're a girl to spread at the army camp."

"You certain you can stop it from spreading?" Jing Xuan asked as she rose one of her eyebrows which resulting in Lieutenant Gui awkwardly rubbing his neck.

She headed to toilet as she took off her binder, and changed into a female hanfu which was also red in colour. She then headed into the royal court together with Gui Cang.