2: Alpha

Lauren sighed as she watched her sleeping mate, taking a minute to compose herself.

Hearing foot steps approach, Lauren straightened with the small pup in her arms, standing up and turning to the new person.

"Alpha, I'm sorry to interrupt but we need your orders on how to proceed." The short blonde said.

Lauren nodded towards the girl. "First I'll need a sheet or a large shirt please." She requested, sending the girl scurrying back up the stairs for the requested item.

Lauren relaxed her posture again, looking down to her mate.

She was so small and fragile. Her wolf was still a puppy, making her frown.

She hadn't thought her mate would be this young, perhaps the pack elder will know more.

Laurens heart wrenched as it recalled the cried of her mate as she picked her up. Did she not know she was her mate? She seemed to calm at her touch initially, what changed...

She broke out of her thoughts to the foot steps rushing down the stairs, quick to straightened her posture once again.

"Here you go Alpha." The girl said, bowing her head as Lauren took the sheet off her.

"Thank you Allyson, you're dismissed." Lauren replied, watching the girl turn and walk away before readjusting herself, the small pup, and the sheet.

Soon, (Y/N) was securely strapped to her chest a she slept, allowing Lauren to go about her Alpha duties while keeping a close eye on her new mate.

Walking up stairs, Lauren held her mate.

The commotion around the room died down in their Alphas presents.

"Alpha, what would you like us to do with the survivors?" Her Beta asked.

"Take the men and the previous Alpha as prisoners for questioning. The women and children will be taken for processing where they can decide whether or not they would like to join the Jauregui pack." Lauren spoke in a firm tone that left no room for questions.

"What of the dead, Alpha?" Camila asked.

"We bury them with respect. The ceremony for their spirits will be held the next full moon where we will help them find passage into the after life. As for the house and land... Search the house, we take anything of use. The land will be added to our borders and we will discuss new guard schedules." Lauren confirmed with a nod.

Looking at her warriors, Lauren watched as they agreed. "Dismissed!" She yelled, the wolves hurrying to their allotted tasked.

Lauren sighed as she watched her mates ear twitch in her sleep. Looking back up and scanning the room, Lauren walked over to her Beta and the small family she was talking to, they seemed distressed and Lauren wanted to help.

Camila let of a sigh of relief as her Alpha walked over. "What seems to be the problem?" Lauren asked as she used one hand to protectively hold her mate.

As soon as the woman turned to the Alpha, her eyes dropped to the dirty white wolf strapped to her chest. She breathed out a relieved sigh as she smiled. "You found her, thank god." She exclaimed happily.

Lauren was confused for a second before dropped her eyes to her chest before getting protective.

"Who might you be talking about?" Lauren questioned.

"(Y/N) of course. God I haven't seen my daughter in years but she hasn't changed a bit..." The lady said sadly.

"Daughter?" Lauren asked.

"I adopted her when she first came to the pack, she was just a baby... I had just miscarried so they let me take her as my own... Once they found out she was an Omega thought, they ripped her away from me..." The older woman explained sadly.

"That's quite unfortunate. I would like to invite you to join the Jauregui pack so you and (Y/N) can be together again." Lauren said as she ran her fingers thought her mates dirty fur.

(Y/N) nuzzled closer to Lauren as Lauren, her Beta and the older women all watched smiling.

"Is she your mate?" Her mother asked hesitantly.

"Yes she is." Lauren confirmed smiling. Camila gave her a pat on the back as a congratulations, knowing her Alpha had been looking for her mate for nearly five years.

After sending each other a nod, Camila walked off to see how the preparations for travel were going, leaving Lauren and her mates mother.

"She really hasn't changed, all these years...." The mother whispered.

Lauren frowned at the statement. "If I may ask, how old is (Y/N)?" Lauren questioned, looking at her mate.

"This full moon marks her eighteenth year." She replied, confusing Lauren further as she looked down at the small pup on her chest.

She wouldn't have thought she was older than three...