☹ "Too complicated"

A/N: A shorty :P

Your POV

"Where were you at lunch today?" I ask, pulling Patrick's arm around my waist.

"I went out with the boys," he responds casually. The cold air of fall whips our hair in front of our faces.

"You're not cold in that shirt?" I look at the tank top and open button down he's wearing and he shrugs.

"I'm good".

"You're good?" I could feel myself getting sick of how he was acting. "Why are you acting weird?"

"I'm not," he pulls his arm from my waist and we start walking off the school grounds.

"Did I do something?" I push, trying to figure out why it felt like I was talking to a stranger.

"No".

"Then why are you mad at me?" Patrick stops walking and I don't realize until he responds.

"Why do I have to be mad at you to just not wanna talk for a damn minute?!"

"I'm sorry. I just thought I'd done something..." I walk back to Patrick and he rolls his eyes as though I was the most annoying sight in the universe. We walked a few more minutes before the uneasiness settled in once again, "are you sure you're not mad at me?"

Patrick whipped around this time, his face looking down at me, "not everything is about you, Y/N. Ever thought of that? My god, why do you always have to make everything so complicated?!"

"You mean why am I so complicated". It's my turn to stop walking but Patrick continues walking alone.

"And what if I do mean that?" he looks at me from a distance, "you're just too complicated for me, Y/N".

"So what, you just wanna break up?" Patrick looks hurt by my words but he fails to answer. "Patrick?..." after some time I watch him nod his head. 

For the first time since our relationship began, Patrick wasn't fighting for me. He was fighting against me and I had lost.