20

Your POV:

I don't know.

I don't feel anything.

I couldn't tear my eyes off the TV even though every picture broke the already broken pieces of my heart.

No. I don't feel a thing.

I can't feel anything.

I shouldn't feel pain.

But why am I hurting so much?

"Y/n...?," sunbae's voice sounded so far away.

I couldn't tear my gaze off the damn TV set.

And when the whistle in my brain got too high pitched, I felt light headed.

Unable to endure a second of this pain, I got up to leave.

But as I stood up, everything turned to black.

"Jungkook!," I screamed.

But who I saw wasn't Jungkook.

It was sunbae.

And I was on a white bed. In a hospital.

"Did I...?"

He pursed his lips and nodded.

I looked at my lap, utterly broken. Not only did the entire world hate me, the person they hated me for, had obviously had no trouble moving on.

I didn't realize I was crying until a hot teardrop fell on my hand folded in my lap.

Suddenly, the door opened and I jerked my head to see if it was Jungkook, serenading in to tell me it was all a lie.

But my spirits fell again because it was Yoona.

She ran inside and hugged me without saying a single word.

And with her arms around me, I finally cried.

I cried, like I had cried when I came to know my dad had run off leaving us with mounds under debt.

A part of me was dying as I sobbed uncontrollably.

"Shush now, please don't cry any more," she said, her own voice dampened with tears.

"H-how h-how c-cou-could h-he m-move on s-so qu-quickly, Y-yoona? H-he s-said he l-loved m-me... D-does he n-not love me an-anymo-anymore?," I said, gasping for air.

She just soothed me and cooed me because deep down I knew she didn't have the courage to tell me that he didn't.

But instead of her, sunbae spoke. "Y/n, you have to get it together. Sure, you guys dated and everything," he walked closer to me, who was still sobbing. "But now it's over, isn't it? So it's only natural for him to move on. I mean, did you think he would come back to you? After all that has happened?

"Think about it, y/n. Even if you held that hope of reconciliation, Jungkook would never consider that because getting back with you would refute his early statement of not having been involved with you in the first place.

"So obviously, he would eventually date someone else," he said as he put a hand on my shoulder.

His last words made me wail and I sobbed harder just thinking about it.

But he wiped my tears with his thumbs as he held my face in his hands to make me look up at him. "But you know, on the bright side: So will you."