Chapter thirty three ~ restless

Hey guys! Sorry for being away for this long, I've been on vacation but I'm back now, and I'm working on new chapters and new stories~

        So the time passed. Irene and Bogum had started staying in the Kim mansion from time to time as well. It had started by the house being a refuge from Jackson but in time it would become a second home to them.

    Everyone was afraid of the media’s reaction after Namjoon’s revelations. It could go both ways: either everyone would take Namjoon’s side or they would try to take him down too.

    What they got was completely different.

    First of all, while Jackson’s bail was still being decided, it all was silent. Nobody talked about Namjoon, it seemed like nobody cared. Or maybe everyone was going to decide what to think based on the judge’s decision.

    The silence though, was making everyone more and more anxious. Namjoon, who usually spent all the spare time he had with his family, was barely ever coming out from his room. Taehyung was not sleeping at all. This lasted for three days. After these painful days the judge finally decided that Jackson was to be thrown in jail without bail as he posed a threat to the public.

    On the morning of January 25th, while Jungkook and Jimin were walking to school from Tae’s house -they had told Tae to stay back and get some rest- someone they had never met before approached them.

    “Did you see the Seoul daily newspaper?”

    “I-” Jungkook wasn’t sure what to say.

    “No, what does it say?” Jimin asked, smiling.

    “THEY HAVEN’T SEEN!!” The boy turned around and shouted. He seemed like one of the guys in that huge friend group. He turned back and faced Jikook again.

    “Are you gUYS kidding me?! [a/n: kiMbAP KiDdiNG!?]” A tall and handsome friend of his, who was standing near enough to hear him -as far as Jimin remembered he went by ‘Gyu’- murmured something along the lines of “I love guys” pretty casually and just walked out at that. [a/n: I’m sorry to anyone who doesn’t stan seventeen…]

    “What does it say??” Jimin asked, ignoring Mingyu.

    At that, Seungkwan pulled out his phone and showed the article to them.

    The boys were dumbstruck.

    For nearly three days, there was nothing. The day before in the afternoon they had learned that Jackson wasn’t going free and that had surprised them. But now, this was more shocking. The biggest newspaper in Korea’s first page story was about Namjoon and Jackson. Reading only the title nearly gave the boys a heart attack.

“THE BIGGEST BACKSTAB IN THE HISTORY OF BUSINESS”

    The article talked about Namjoon’s story alright, but it wasn’t at all criminating. Not only did the writers believe Taehyung’s father, they also supported him. They used adjectives like ‘brave, intelligent, selfless’ to describe Irene, Namjoon and ‘the courageous anonymous source that helped Mr. Kim’ that was Bogum. Jimin and Jungkook were both so shook to even react at first. They were shaken out of their state as Seungkwan pulled his phone away from Jimin’s hand and glared at them.

    The boys looked at each other for a second unable to speak when Jimin felt his phone buzz in his back pocket. He answered without even reading the name.

    “Tae, did you see Seoul daily?!”

    “I DID” Taehyung shouted a bit too enthusiastically, so much so that Jimin had to move his phone away from his ears to not become deaf. Jungkook took opportunity of the moment and pressed the speaker button.