Forty: Rage

Crowds overflowed the streets as soon as the sun set down completely. People clustered around stands offering different kinds of attractions. The fireworks were to start soon and the current of visitors pushed you and Kageyama in a direction of the vantage point.

"[Name]!", you suddenly heard a distant calling from somewhere behind you. Both you and the black haired boy froze, immediately recognising the voice. The same thought crossed your minds.

What was Oikawa doing here?

You didn't have to wait long to notice the silhouette of the chocolate haired boy running through the crowd in your direction. Kageyama furrowed his eyebrows in clear discontent.

You wanted to take a step back but Oikawa's grip on your hand stopped you. You looked up at the boy. He was panting from a run, and his hair was slightly messy, but his eyes still held a decisive spark. You wanted to ask what had gotten into him, but he was faster.

"Let's go", he said shortly and pulled you after him back into the crowd. You wanted to resist his grip but he didn't let go of your hand. Kageyama was left behind without even being able to protest and you felt incredibly stupid for this.

"Oikawa-san!", you kept calling towards the boy's back, but he didn't listen. When you escaped the crowd, you managed to free yourself from Oikawa's grip.

"What do you think you're doing?!", you raised your voice and took a couple of steps back.

Oikawa frowned.

"I couldn't let you go with Tobio-chan", he replied.

"Why would you care?", you asked, irritation still audible in your voice.

"It just pisses me off", he dug his hands in the pockets of his jacket and pouted.

"Huh?", you could feel the anger inside of you getting progressively bigger.

"First you ask me to forget everything and then you go on a festival with Tobio-chan. What am I supposed to think about this?", he whined.

"Think all you want, it's not your business", you replied. Your voice got quieter. It was like a calm before the storm. But Oikawa was probably too much into his own thoughts to notice this signal.

"Weren't you supposed to be in love with me?!", he suddenly exclaimed, as if all the frustration he was holding in had at once exploded.

He barely finished the sentence when he felt a strong slap on his cheek. The next thing he remembered was your wry face, flushed with anger.

"You're the worst", you mumbled through your teeth. "What do you want from me?! Don't you have a whit of respect for what I'm trying to do here?!", you couldn't stop the current of words flowing from your mouth. "You clearly reject me, say you've never treated me seriously, but when I'm trying to really give up on you, you go and say it pisses you off. Just what do you want?!"

You panted, finishing your last sentence. The rage was still boiling inside of you, but there was not much more to say. You sent one last glare towards the shocked boy and turned away from him.

"I'm going home", you said, cooling down your shaking voice.

"[Name]-", the boy extended his hand towards you, but you had already taken a step forward.

"Bye", your voice was cold. It resounded in Oikawa's head until you disappeared from his field of vision.