Pride- 73

Bakugou pov
Our float was almost at the front of the parade, with only the band in front of us. Behind was a huge crowd, decorated in colour and flags; other floats were dotted around. The once empty cobblestone streets were filled with people who waited at the sides; all with cameras and smiles. The sun blessed us all with a warmth that set the whole mood of the parade, as did the rainbow it had created. After taking this all in, I finally turned to Red. "So this is Pride?"
"Yeah, and you're the main attraction so behave." He said nervously, kissing me on the cheek.
"You okay?"
"Yeah, yeah. Just the adrenaline, you know?" Red smiled at me. Even though I had argued with this float idea, it was still cool how Red and I really got to be representatives for it all. It was crazy to see how far we'd come from all those months ago.
"You'll be great-" drums interrupted me, signalling the beginning of the parade. Fiercely, Red grabbed my hand and held me close. All our other students below whispered to each other before Iida looked up at us two.
"Are you both ready?" He gave us a thumbs up or down. In unison, we nodded.

Loud music swam through the streets as the parade began to move. "Okay, So what we doing other than waving?" I yelled over the instruments. Red just turned to me sheepishly.
"I mean, I don't know- maybe we should like- dance?"
"Are you kidding!" I couldn't believe it. Underneath, our friends all were active and doing things, dancing, fake sparring or throwing candy (courtesy of Sato, apparently he'd kept them in his locker at the facility). "Well we need to do something!" I warned, gesturing with my hands. Red thought before responding.
"Your quirk!"
"What about it?" I titled my head sidewards whilst he ignored me.
"Mina, Mina!" He yelled down at her as she danced around the tiny houses. Quickly looking up, she laughed.
"Oh, yes your majesty?"

"If this doesn't scream 'hey I'm Bakugou from UA, and I'm also crazy gay', then I don't know what does." I moaned as Red poured a bag of rainbow glitter on my hands.
"Now quick, go!" I did as asked, letting off huge explosions into the air, creating fireworks of colour. The crowd around cheered and clapped, making me feel grateful for the recognition. "Wipe that smug look off your face, again!" Red was already pouring more glitter in my hands. "Fire!"

And before I knew it, I was Eijirou's personal gay glitter cannon. The whole group had gotten on board as well, as before any explosion they'd yell dumb shit like 'enemies incoming sir' or 'hit that dragon sir'. I felt ridiculous. Yet it still felt nice to see people wave and smile, even the occasion flirty wink. Of course, Red got just as many. "We're near the end, can we just wave now?" I moaned to my grinning boyfriend. He sighed before nodding.
"Yeah, now let's just be cute yet badass kings." I nodded in agreement with him. I curved my glittery arm around his waist and pulled him close, before we both did the iconic 'queen' wave to everyone. During all the music, the people and the overall craziness, I whispered into Red's ear.
"Isn't it crazy how far we've come. Like before our friends didn't even know about us, now we're in a Pride festival on a huge float as gay icons." I laughed at myself. Red also chuckled.
"We really have changed in an awesome way." I looked ahead, seeing the marching band stop as we reached the sand. In turn, everyone else came to a holt. An eruption of clapping echoed through the town. "I think this is where we bow!" Yelling in my ear, Red grabbed my hand and forced me to go down with him. As we came back up, people already began to leave the parade, heading for the beach party. Our friends slowly piled off, and with the help from a few, we joined them.