Chapter 9

After a few weeks passed by the meeting that everyone was talking about finally came.

It's a meeting between the royals and one of the wealthiest families, the Westbrooks.

I think we already know what they will be talking about. Marriage.

I was on my way to fetch the princess from her room when the King told me that he will be the one to do it because they needed time to talk before the meeting.

I walked towards the meeting area. It's another big room and high ceiling but this time it has a big ass table in the middle.

There were already guards there before me. two were standing by the door, and inside there were three every corner.

I stood by this boy who was just about my age maybe a little older with a similar uniform, I guess he is also a personal guard.

"Hey" He smiled at me "I'm Tristan" I turned to him. He has black hair and green eyes.

"Hi," I said neutrally. I'm not really a social person as you can see.

He smiled "Not much of a talker are you, that's okay"

I just choose who I want to talk to.

"So what's your name?" He asked.

I sighed "Leo"

He nodded "Isn't that a boy's name?" he said confused.

I just shrugged.

The door then opened and in comes the Westbrooks. There are four of them. One is obviously the mother, she looked like a bitch honestly, head held high like she knows everyone is lower than her, then there's the father, brushed back blond hair, white beard, very intimidating and he has a huge belly.

Then in comes Charles. Ugh. Just seeing him puts me in a sour mood.

He smirks at me then follows his Santa Clause-looking ass father then someone walked behind him that I almost didn't notice, a girl she's about his age, she has blond hair that ends only at her shoulders. She looked bored then she looked up catching me looking at her then she smirked.

They all sat beside each other waiting for the royals. Charles never stopped looking at me, like he was challenging me. I just looked at him with my bored expression.

Then the royals arrived. Everyone stood up and bowed. The King walked beside his wife and the princess behind them.

I studied the princess and she is walking with her natural grace and posture with a serious face. She always has a serious face, that's why I feel so special every time I make her laugh because I know I'm one of the only few people who saw it.

Then she looked at me slightly, I give her an encouraging smile but she only replied with a sad smile.

They were all seated when the King sat. Then the meeting began.

Sir Westbrook was already smiling, trying to get on the King's good side.

"Okay, What does the house Westbrook propose?" The King started.

Sir Westbrook was already excited to share his proposal "Your highness, If my son and your daughter get married we will be able to offer a lot of our family's land and farms from the outside that will greatly affect this kingdom" He passed a scroll to the King "Listed there is all the lands and farms that we are willing to offer" He smiled smugly.

The King passed the scroll to Ulric, who I didn't even notice that's was standing there. Ulric started to read the scroll.

The King interlocked his fingers from both hands and set them above the table "Sir Westbrook, you know that when they do get married your son is going to get more of what you can offer" He said, Sir Westbrook gulped "But that is fine with me" Santa sighed with relief, the King continued "The most priority I have is my daughter being happy and being respected by a person with a high status and you are the highest family in this kingdom, My daughter has a lot of suitors even from other kingdoms, your son is only one of her options, he still needs to prove himself as a good man and a good protector for her"