35. The Truth

(This chapter does have a little bit of mature content! You've been warned!)

[Edited]

There's another woman.

That was the only hint Daniel gave in exchange for a kiss I wished I could erase out of my mind completely.

Maybe it would have been better not knowing, my heart would still be fully intact instead of crumbling, the bits falling piece by piece the more I tried to figure out the life Jungkook wanted to keep tucked away.

He wasn't very descriptive, telling me if I wanted more information I would need to pay a much higher price, something I wasn't desperate enough to do. 

Guilty wasn't a good enough word to describe how I felt, kissing Jungkook's own brother to gain more knowledge about Jungkook himself.

'What the hell was I thinking?'

The strong curiosity that pulled the strings to drive me to do something I never dreamed of, the anguish I felt from someone who claimed to love me but wouldn't let me deeper into their life, no matter how dark or shameful it may be, I felt bitter through every inch of my body. 

I let it take control of me.

Daniel got what he wanted, and now he wants more.

'Jungkook will leave me if he finds out. He'll hate me forever.'

"Princess," Jungkook's voice, though soft, sent a jolt through my body.

My hands jumped on cue, banging against the clothed table of the fancy restaurant Jungkook insisted taking me to against my protests. Others turned their heads in our direction, clearly judging and I sank a bit lower in my seat. But Jungkook didn't seem to notice anyone else but me, his eyes shifting all over my face, brows pulled together.

"Y/n," he tried again, reaching a hand across the table to rub my throbbing ones. "What's gotten into you recently, hm? You've been so jumpy, and you've barely said anything this past week. Usually I can't get you to stay quiet," he smiled, hoping I would laugh, whine, say anything to his teasing comment but I couldn't. 

He took me on this date, claiming that he's been busy and we haven't had much time to be together.

But I could barely look him in the eyes.

'Not after what I've done. Not after what I've found out... '

My mind was being pulled in two different directions. 

I'm angry, hurt over the fact that I knew, I knew he could potentially have someone else in his life, yet he had the nerve to hold my hand smiling like everything was fine in the world. But I was even more upset about how I found out, what I had to do...