Chapter 5

Maisie

I did my daily routine. And get changed into a maroon knitted sweater with black jeans and my black pumps. I picked my bag went to the bus stop.

It's been 3 days. 3 days of me meeting the mystery man. On reaching the gates of my college, Anna came running to me. She was looking so worried and scared.
"Hey what happened?? Why are yo-"
I was asking her, when she cut me off, saying "Mr and Mrs Hall are dead". I froze. My eyes widen up. I felt like I can't breath. My throat felt dry.
"Wh- what- what are you saying Anna? St- stop joking" I said while stuttering. "It's true May. Police found their body yesterday on the highway. But they declared that they were already dead 2 days ago."
2 days ago. Dead. Then it strike me.
"Well Maisie, tell your boss that the devil is coming."

  That mystery man.

My head was spinning. I was about to fall when suddenly someone held my arms from behind.
"Are you okay Maisie??" Jason said from behind me. I jumped on his voice and went near to Anna. When I looked at him, he was looking worried. "Sorry to hear about Mr and Mrs Hall. They might be close to you. After all, you worked for them" he said sadly.
He knew where I worked?? I thought you myself.
I nodded my head. Just then the Bell rang. I really didn't wanted to attend my classes today but finals were merely a month away. So I decided to go to the classes.

Whole day I was only occupied by the thoughts of the old couple and the mystery man. I didn't tell anyone about him because I was really avoiding topics related to Mr and Mrs Hall.

After college Ethan dropped me home. Even after I stay on the total opposite area of him, seeing my condition today, he decided to drop me.
"Thanks Ethan. I really appreciate it."
I said while smiling weakly. He smiled at me and said "don't worry babygirl. Everything's going to be alright" and kissed my forehead. I got out of his car and went home. Aunt was standing on the doorway, looking at me with narrow eyes. She never said anything about my friendship with Ethan -'Maybe because she knows about him being a gay'- I thought to myself.
"Go inside and start preparing dinner. I want it special. Because a special guest is visiting us today". Although I was confused about this special guest, I began my preparation for dinner after a shower.

It was 7:30 pm when my whole dinner was ready. I made it extra special today with many dishes because I don't want to risk it. Suddenly aunt came to the kitchen, looked at everything I prepared, occasionally tasty each dish.
'This guest is indeed someone special' I thought to myself.
"Go and get ready for the dinner. And dress up well. I don't want to loose my impression because of you" she hissed at me. I skipped to  my room hurriedly. I took a short shower again and get dressed in a floral dress with a Cardigan at top. I let my hair fall down in its natural wave. I slipped a cute slipper and went to the living room. I heard my aunt talking to someone so I guessed the guest has arrived. When I entered the room I was shocked.

The guest was none other than the mystery man.

My eyes were wide open. Suddenly I remembered everything.
2 days ago. Dead. Mr and Mrs Hall.
"Well Maisie, tell your boss that the devil is coming."

The devil was now standing before me. The mystery man get up from the sofa as I was standing at my spot frozen. He smirked and said, "Miss Maisie, good to see you again. I never got to introduce myself." He extended his hand for me to shake, "I'm Lucifer. Lucifer Knight."

'The name of the devil'

I looked at his hand then again at him. Then I shake his hand lightly.

"It-its ple-pleasure to meet you Mr Knight" I said. "The pleasures all mine" he said and kissed my hand. I was breathing heavily. I was so scared of him without any particular reason. I retreat my hand from his grasp and went to the kitchen without looking at him. I served the plates on the dining table. After few minutes all of them came. I shocked to see Jenna dressed in a very short dress which fitted her body like a glove.
'Maybe she's trying to impress Mr Knight'
Everyone starts eating while aunt Mary was talking to Mr Knight about some kind of stuff. During whole dinner Jenna was looking at Mr Knight with lustful eyes while Mr Knight's eyes were only focused to me. I tried my best to only look at my plate and not to raise my head. I quickly finished my dinner.

After dinner I was washing the dishes when suddenly aunt Mary called me. I reached living room and asked what's the matter.
"Our guest is going to leave now. But before that I want to announce something. Maisie, Mr Knight is going to be your future husband."
I blinked few times at her. Then I looked at Mr Knight. I was shocked was an understatement. I wasn't able to process anything. My mouth was opening and closing as no words  were coming out. Mr Knight slowly approached me and whispered, "Start calling me Lucifer and get ready for the devil, my future wife"
A lone drop of tear escaped my eye as a reply and the next thing I remembered, he was gone. Leaving us in the living room in silence.

I never wanted my day to end like this. Although I got many shocking news today but this.... This was over the top.