Chapter 6

Maisie

Tears were freely falling from my face. I turned to look at my aunt. She was smirking in victory. Jenna, on the other hand, was as shocked as me.

"Aunt Mary" I called in a low voice, "Were you telling the truth. Is he's going to be my husband. B-b- but- but I'm not ready. And please not to that man , plea-" a loud slap was heard and I fell to the while holding my right cheek. I was sobbing uncontrollably. "How many times do I have to tell you, I will decide your future. You are nothing more than a burden, bitch. Now it's your time to repay all the things I've ever done to you." She shouted at me. Then she came near me and grabbed fistful of my hair and said, "You, my dear bitch of a niece, are going to marry that man after your graduation day which is, for your reminder, merely a month away now. So start behaving like a grown up. And stop this crocodile tears of yours" after saying this she pushed me to the floor and went out of the room with Jenna following her.

Till now I was a crying mess. All frustration and sadness came out in the form of tears. I went to my room and cried my heart out again.
'Mom. Dad. I really need you right now. Please come back please' I thought remembering my parents.
That night, I cried myself to sleep again.

                   --------------------------

To say time flies quickly is understatement. Because time flies very, very quickly. Today, I was getting ready for my graduation ceremony. For others, this day matters a lot. It did for me too. But now, I wished this day never came. Because most probably tomorrow, I'm getting married to none other than the devil himself.

Isn't its funny how a single person can change your whole life in just a second. The moment Mr Knight entered the shop that day, I had a feeling something big is gonna happen, just like Anna said. And now see, my whole life is gonna change tomorrow.

I've was told Anna and Ethan about Lucifer. At first they were shocked too. But the shock soon turned into fury, then into sympathy. Even if they want to, they cannot do anything.

"Maisie Grayson". My name was announced
I was receiving my graduation certificate when suddenly I look into the crowd. There he was. Looking almighty. Looking incredibly handsome in his black suit. Smirking at me. Looking like the devil himself.
My breathing went heavy as I avert my eyes.
After reaching my seat I again turned to look at him but he was gone. I sighed relief.

At home I was cleaning the dishes after dinner when I heard aunt Mary and Jenna quarrelling.
"Why did you let him choose her?? You know she's no good. That bitch always come in my way. Lucifer should belong to me not her", Jenna shouted.
"Shut up young lady!!! You don't talk to me like that. Being my daughter doesn't give you right to shout at me. And about Lucifer, trust me you don't know him. He might look handsome like a Greek god but inside, he's the devil. He's the King. He's the most dangerous person alive. So shut the fuck up." Aunt Mary shouted back.

Not wanting to listen any more, I went to my room. I was so scared thinking about what aunt Mary had just said. While thinking about all this, I fell into deep sleep.