Chapter 23

Namjoon groans as he leans his back against a brick building, the plan to get Sooyoung was going to take much longer than he wanted it to. Zico suggested to try and sway Sooyoung over, try to get her interested in him, make her feel... comfortable.

But instead of the cocky, flirtatious Zico, Namjoon was stuck being the bait. He did not like the idea of flirting with another girl, he would pretend it was you, but Sooyoung was too different from you. Her height was too small, her shape was nothing compared to yours, her eyes were dull and bland, while yours were full of childish gleam. You were level headed, you were intelligent, you had your moments where you would be childish, but you knew how to be an adult as well. And from what Namjoon's heard based off Zico's sources, Sooyoung was nothing but a spoiled child.

Namjoon checked the time on his phone and he began to walk down where Sooyoung would be in just mere moments. Zico and he studied Sooyoung, exactly what time she would be dropped off, where she would be once she got off—

Namjoon feels a body knock into his chest and he hears a shriek as Sooyoung stumbles backwards. Namjoon pulls off a surprised face and purposely began to stutter.

"I am so sorry, are you alright?" Namjoon asked as he gently placed his hands on Sooyoung's arms, she was about to throw a tantrum, that is, until she took one look into Namjoon's eyes behind his glasses and her tongue was easily stilled.

"Yes, I'm fine." Sooyoung's face slowly turned red, "I haven't seen you around before, are you new?"

"Actually, I am, my name is Namjoon. I was just wandering around trying to find a place to eat." Namjoon smiles softly and Sooyoung's eyes immediately fall into the depths of his dimples, "Tell you what, since I've caused you trouble, how about I take you out to eat?"

Sooyoung feigned a questioning look before agreeing seconds after. Namjoon couldn't believe how easy it was to convince her to go out with a total stranger, all because he was a man and 'new'.

Namjoon internally cringed as he held Sooyoung's bag in one arm, and held her hand in the other as he drags her to a small diner. He didn't like how Sooyoung's hand didn't perfectly mold into his hand, he didn't like that it wasn't your hand. He would've been more than complacent if it was your things he was carrying, your hand he was holding, and you were the person he was treating to food.

'Just get her to like you, then you can exact your revenge... do it for Y/N..' Namjoon chanted in his head as he and Sooyoung finally reach the dinner, they were immediately sat at a booth and two menus were placed in front of them.

"So tell me, what's this place like?" Namjoon strikes up conversation as he lazily looks at the menu, disinterested in every item that was there.

"It's actually extremely boring, that is, until you came." Sooyoung batted her lashes as she stares at Namjoon, "There aren't that many attractive people around, the ones that are are taken or..."

"Or?" Namjoon presses and he raises a brow, Sooyoung's eyes glitter in mischief and she smiles.

"Or they're not my type."

Namjoon leans closer and gives her a smirk, "Tell me, what is your type?"

Sooyoung giggles and bites her bottom lip, "That's for you to figure out, honey." Namjoon bit back the bile raising in the back of his throat. He too tugs his lower lip with his teeth and lets it pop back into place, he placed a grin on, one he knew would captivate you if you ever saw it.

Soon, their waiter came and they ordered their food, the small talk continued and, to his surprise, Sooyoung wasn't as dumb or childish as she let on. She showed levels of high curiosity, but she knew a lot about the things she talked about. Namjoon was impressed, but still secretly upset at her. When she wasn't looking, he would send cold looks of disgust.

"So what made you decide to move over to this run down area?" Sooyoung asked as she swirled her straw in her drink, she looked up at him with big brown eyes, innocent ones—falsely innocent.

"It's complex, but I'm looking for love, in a sense." Namjoon says as he stares down at the table, images of his past with you flood his head, "I want a girl who can make me feel as if the world is the same size as my pocket watch, a girl that has the entire galaxy in her dazzling eyes, a girl that—" Namjoon bit his tongue and he just pulled his drink closer to him.

'That I wish would return to me..' He feels his chest cave in a bit, but he immediately sprung back like nothing has happened.

"That sounds like something I can help with," Sooyoung's feline voice purred and she leaned across the table, "Maybe after this you and I can—"

"Excuse me, I'm sorry to interrupt," Namjoon had to take a double take and immediately wanted to shoot himself in the head, "Who ordered the—"

"That's mine, and that one is his." Sooyoung said sternly and rather loud. Namjoon couldn't believe what was happening, Zico had dressed as their waiter and was serving them, how did he not notice before? Zico quickly placed the food down and excused himself.

Sooyoung glares at Zico's back as he walks away, she picks up her utensils and has a grip so tight on them that Namjoon thought it would snap it two.

"Now, where was I?"

'You were at the part were you were begging me to take you to bed..' Namjoon thought in disgust but he only smiled and gave a small shrug.

"We were talking about why I was here."

"Oh, that's right! Like I was saying before I got rudely interrupted," Sooyoung raised her voice enough for the entire dinner to hear, "I was thinking that maybe you and I could go back to my place and get to know each other a little more." She walks her fingers up Namjoon's arm and he subtly cringes at her touch, it felt like he was being set on fire and it was not the good kind of feeling. He felt like he was betraying you for letting another woman touch him like this, he wanted to smack her hand away, wanted to scold her for being so easy.

"I'm sorry," Namjoon chokes out, "But I'm busy for the rest of the day, I just had enough time to eat something before I had to get back to business."

"Such a shame our fun has to end here, though!" Sooyoung pouts before she perks up a bit, "Give me your phone, I'll put my contact in! You can let me know when you're free."

All according to plan, Namjoon unlocks his phone and slides it to Sooyoung, while she types her number, Namjoon quickly scarfs down his food, he didn't want to be here any longer, and at this point he wouldn't mind choking if it meant he had an excuse to leave.

After ten more minutes, Namjoon had finished his food, paid the bill, and left Sooyoung alone at the booth. He wanted to go home, wanted to scrub his arm where that vile creature had touched him. He shuddered, he hated every second of this, but if it made the job easier...

Namjoon pulls his phone out and calls Zico, he ranted to him about how uncomfortable he felt being around Sooyoung and how he didn't like how comfortable she was with flirting and going out with a total stranger. He hoped you were never like this, he couldn't image you being such a way, though, you were too perfect.

You were always too perfect.