23.Speculation

I had made it home before my stepmother and now, I sat up in my room. They still hadn't arrived and I wondered what was keeping them so long. I assumed that Lele and Laney had just been very through with their distraction. It was the only thing I could think of after all.

Maybe my stepmother had figured out who I was and was interrogating the two of them. She had seem us talk at the ball. No, it couldn't be that. If she knew who I was then she would come straight to me and punish me.

Maybe they had pretended to be ill and now they were stuck in the castle. I doubted the duke or the count would let them come home if they were sick. No, I doubted they would go that far for a distraction and a doctor would see through their ruse immediately.

Maybe the prince had held they back to ask them who I was. After all, he watched me talk to them. No, Anthony already knew who I was and even if he didn't my sisters would have told him the second he asked. There would be no need to keep them for so long.

Maybe everyone was stuck at the ball and they weren't allowed to leave. No, there would be no reason to keep everyone at the ball. It would be irrational and it would just cause panic.

Perhaps their carriage broke and now they can't drive home. No, it couldn't be that either. The prince, the duke, or the count would offer to take them home in one of the castle's carriages.

It could be that they pretended to faint and now they were stuck resting at the castle. Yes, that made the most sense out of all of my ideas.

Even if I believed I knew the reason why they weren't at home, I still waited for them to arrive. I left my room and walked outside. I found myself heading towards my mother's garden.

The second I entered, I saw it. The tree had been fixed. It was as beautiful as always. However, my stepmother would probably tear it down again the second she saw it.

I sat down bellow the tree, wanting to enjoy it while it was still alive. Suddenly, there was a flash of bright light. When I could see again, I saw my fairy godmother standing there.

"Dear, did you forget? The tree is immortal and invincible now. Not even your stepmother can tear it down" she said.

"I suppose it slipped my mind on all the excitement" I replied. (A/N This is me forgetting about it till now and not wanting to rewrite everything. At least I remembered it in the end)

"Also. I forgot to tell you earlier. The shoe only fits you" she told me.

"What?" I asked.

"The shoe. The one you're still holding. It's magically enchanted to only fit your foot. If anyone else tries it on, it'll grow or shrink so that it doesn't fit" she explained pointing at the shoe that I forgot to set down in my room.

"I suppose you could say all sizes fit one instead of one size fits all" she mused.

"Why does that matter though? Anthony already knows the shoe belongs to me" I said.

"Listen dear, I've met my fair share of stupid princes. They think that a girl with brown hair could possibly be the blond haired maiden that they danced with. I don't get it. Never will. So, I've learned to enchant the shoe" she said.

"Anthony isn't that stupid. Wait, you have other goddaughters that you've done this for?" I asked her.

"You're the only real goddaughter. The others just call me their fairy godmother. I normally don't help them out past the ball. Aside from the shoes. The shoes are always important. The others can't even compare to you though. You're my favorite after all" she said smiling at me.

"Thank you. I'm glad you're my godmother" I said.

"You're very much welcome. Now, I have to go. Tomorrow will be chaotic but it'll all turn out for the best" she warned me. Before I could say goodbye, she was gone in another blinding flash of light.

I continued to sit by the tree wondering when my sisters would come home. Eventually, I couldn't stay up any longer. I let my eyes close and I drifted off. That night, my dreams were filled with dancing and fun.

Author's Note

Hey everyone! So, I'm forgetful. The whole conversation with her fairy godmother was created because I forgot about the tree and then I realized I forgot about the whole all sizes fit one thing. So on and so forth. Anyways, there's not much left in the story. I'm sure retro_wonderwoman is sad as are the rest of you. It must come to an end, probably by tomorrow, so this is one of my last notes. Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading and till next time

-Panda12Panda12
P.S. Oh thank the pandas. It's back to normal. When I originally wrote this, the font changed at the end of the note and I was freaking out. It was super weird and everything, but it's normal now. I'm so glad. That was stressful