118. Gardens

I am still a minor, meaning that I am still under eighteen. Well, technically, I could legally be a husband and father at my age since the age of consent and marriage in Vilheim is sixteen. However... it's still against the law for people my age to be consuming alcohol. Therefore, why am I in a nightclub with my literature teacher?

I looked around me as the lights flashed in the dimly lit nightclub. I was seated on a bar stool before the bar as this was one of the quieter and brighter areas in the club. A moderate distance to my right was a large dance floor where young adults raved about, enjoying themselves with the intoxication of alcohol. Loud music blared from the speakers as the DJ played a mix to hype the crowd up and enjoy their time. Occasionally, the music would be one of a light jazz to allow the dancers a time to relax and rest, but after that's done, it would be back to raving music. However, at the bar, the music was extremely muffled since there was a wall of glass that separated the dance floor from the bar, allowing those who wanted to relax an opportunity to just chill and enjoy the liquor.

To be honest, I think this location technically allows minors to enter but prohibits minors from ordering alcohol. However... well, there were underaged people in the club and on the dance floor. What my point is that I don't think this is a place that a teacher should be taking her students to.

I glanced over to my right where Mura sat on the bar stool next to mine. On the bar before her was a drink of a light brown color that was in a clear glass cup with a two large chunks of ice within it. It would appear that the drink was somewhat carbonated since there were bubbles that formed and rushed to the surface.

I watched as she moved her right hand to the cup and delivering it to her lips. As she did so, the ice within the glass cup rattled as it was disturbed. Then, she took a small sip from it, which for some reason appeared oddly seductive. It must be because I was too focused on her lips.

I quickly turned away and refocused on the drink before me. I gazed at the bubbles in my coke, which oddly enough was contained in the same glass container as Mura's. In addition, the color of my drink was oddly similar to the one Mura was drinking. However, I was certain that her's wasn't anything innocent like coke because her drink was poured from a large glass bottle whereas mine came from the tap.

"So um..." I said, nervously fidgeting around on my seat. "Why're we here?"

"Wasn't it you who said that you're tired and want someplace to rest?" Mura placed her drink down on the coaster and looked over at me.

"I guess I did," I said, looking away to the side out of guilt since I actually did say those words. "But... normal people won't go to a bar, right?"

"It's the closest to where we were," she said as she gazed at her drink. "Besides, I wanted a drink."

"Well..." I sighed as I accepted my defeat. It appears that no matter what I say would matter now that we're here.

"Is this your first time?" she asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I've never been in a club before."

"You're oddly innocent," Mura chuckled. "I thought you would be even worse than some students and live in brothels for the free days."

"I don't have that much money," I awkwardly laughed.

"But if you do have the money..." she smiled and leaned forward so as to get a better look of my facial expression.               

"I wouldn't spend it on that," I answered.

"Oddly noble of you to say that," she chuckled. "But who knows? When given the chance, people will often give in to their lust."