Chapter Five: Breakfast and a Shapeshifter

A couple days had passed, and Ned and MJ had visited him in the Avengers' MedLab after blowing up his phone. They said the Penis Parker story got out and everyone had started using the name.

"Maybe it'll all blow over after spring break," Ned had said. MJ didn't think so. Neither did Peter.

Both of his friends were so glad he was okay. They made him promise never to try to end his life again, and that they'd always be there to talk to.

May had come to visit. Peter couldn't remember the last time he had seen her cry that much. She was so happy he was okay, but she was wounded from his suicide attempt. Peter knew it would leave a scar on her, and he regretted his actions.

Tony had convinced May to let Peter stay at the Avengers' Mansion over spring break to heal. May had an entrance card and could visit whenever.

Peter had overheard May telling Tony she was going to therapy for a while because of the incident. Apparently she felt that she didn't talk to Peter enough or that she was a horrible aunt, which wasn't true.

Peter felt guilty. He swore to himself he'd never do anything like that again.

Peter got up from the bed in his new room in the mansion. It looked a bit like the one at home, which was nice.

He entered the kitchen and sat down at the table, waiting for breakfast with the other avengers.

It was quiet this morning. Clint was whirling an arrow around on his fingers, and Natasha was watching, snuggled up in some of the other avengers' clothes.

   Thor and Tony sat on a couch together, quietly discussing something with Steve and Bruce

Dr. Strange meditated in a corner, while Rhodey, Scott, and Sam whispered a couple jokes about it to each other.

Bucky stared out a window next to Steve, and Wanda and Vision made breakfast.

"Alright guys, breakfast is done." Wanda put plates of eggs and bacon on the table and the others gathered around.

"Thanks," Peter said when she handed him his plate.

"Clint, could you pass the salt, please?" Steve asked.

Clint didn't hear him. He didn't have his hearing aids in.

Natasha tapped him and signed something to him. Clint nodded and handed Steve the salt. "Sorry, dude. I don't usually sleep with my hearing aids in."

"It's okay. Thank you," Steve responded, giving him a thumbs up as an afterthought so Clint knew he had heard him.

   When Clint passed the salt, Peter noticed that Steve was a little stiff when reaching for it. Maybe he's got a bad back? I mean, the guy is like 90 years old...