Chapter 5

The finals were done. Adiva sighed as she walked towards the parking lot. She was sure she had aced all of them. But now she was so tired because she had pulled all nighters constantly for the past one week, catching her precious sleep only in naps. Her whole body was protesting wildly. Her friends walked beside her and they were slightly more cheerful than her.

"Hey gurl!" A cheery voice shouted near her ears and she flinched at the ball of sunshine, aka, her female best friend, Araniel, also her honorary second cousin (She was her Uncle's stepdaughter). They lived in the same compound, just different mansions and they were more like sisters than friends.

Araniel was beautiful. She was tall, dark skinned (from her mother's side) and had features carved from porcelain (her mother was beautiful). She had hair as soft as silk which was curly and always easy going.

"Can you please not be your usual optimistic self today?" Adiva mumbled.

"Diva you need to chill." Araniel murmured.

"I will. After I go home and sleep for three days straight, I will chill. But till then you stay as far away from me as possible along with your ever cheerful attitude. Because I may just have to kill you if you show me your beautiful face." Adiva grumbled. Araniel laughed and then side hugged her as they walked.

Yamin reached them on his skateboard and pushed them apart, taking his place in between them and then smiling at the deadly looks they threw his way, before bending down to pick up his skateboard.

"Ladies!" He greeted the girls around them who giggled and batted their eyes at him. Adiva and Araniel rolled their eyes. "Wild cats!" He next addressed them. They glared at him. He called them that because they usually behaved quite violent when they were angry.

"Do not antagonize the princess today. She is sour. She might just kill you." A girl behind them mentioned.

"With her manicured nails?" Yamin asked with a raised eyebrow. There were hesitant giggles.

"With a knife. In your sleep. Have you forgotten that your room is right mext to mine?" Adiva hissed. There were dreamy sighs around them and Araniel rolled her eyes. Yamin was slightly smug at the looks of adoration he recieved.

"Shh! Keep your voice down. My admirers might just kill you to occupy your room right next to mine, just to be closer to me." Yamin whispered loudly. The girls blushed. Adiva scoffed.

"Nobody takes Adiva's place. Adiva Rasan connot be replaced." Adiva flipped her hair as she addressed her cousin and all the girls around her. Araniel smiled at her best friend and leveled a challenge at the girls around them, who scattered towards their own cars.

Adiva opened her car door and closed it, before watching Yamin unhappily. Yamin rolled his eyes and bent down to kiss her temple.

"I will see you at home princess." He whispered to her. He was always soft for her. He could never see her sad because of him and that was his weakness. She smiled slightly before reversing the car and exiting the parking lot. Yamin turned to see Araniel watching him.

"Broke up with the latest one?" She enquired lightly. Yamin smirked before his eyes turned glacier cold.

"She challenged Adiva's presence in my life. And I cannot bear such an attitude. People know we are a package deal. Accept it or forget it." Yamin told her. She nodded. He mock saluted her and blew her a kiss before moving towards his own car. He stopped as he reached the door and turned towards her again. "How did you know I broke up with her?" He enquired with narrowed eyes. She stiffened.

"It's all- all over the- the NYC!" She stuttered. He sighed and nodded before he turned entered his car and drove away. Araniel relaxed and sighed in relief. She hadn't lied but she had omitted a detail. She spied on every move he made. She loved him since she was a seven year old, gap toothed little girl but he never realised it and neither did Adiva. Would he ever see her at all?