36. Run Away

[Edited]

"What the hell are you talking about, y/n?"

Jungkook's voice was only a little over a whisper, but his eyes screamed danger, danger and confusion as he stared deeply into my eyes trying to read my mind.

"Jungkook, just stop," slowly my eyes closed, trying to steady my breathing as he set me back down on the floor of the supply closet.

"Stop trying to put on an act, I already found out. The truth's been told."

"Princess, there's no one else I love besides you. You're my only one. This is what you've been upset about for the past--" Jungkook tried to reach to touch my arm but I harshly slapped it away, my glare set on the floor tile.

"I heard... from Daniel. Is it true, Jungkook? There's someone else?" my words came out bitterly, a smile of disgust shaping my features.

Silence.

Complete unnerving quiet aside from the muffled talk from guests and busy bustling staff throughout the restaurant. I felt my heart clench at Jungkook's sudden hesitation, the tears building behind my eyes as I tried to compose myself.

"I-- I was going to tell you that--"

"So he wasn't lying?!" I could feel the panic washing through his own body just by the way his face was twisting in pain, shock, disbelief, clashing against my rising anger and distrust.

"Let me-- "

"Explain? Oh, you don't have to explain anything to me!" I turned on my heel ready to rush out the door until I felt my arm being tugged back.

"My parents want me to find someone, y/n! But I never-- "

"But you've already found someone, Jungkook!" My voice raised dramatically, no longer able to keep my emotions under control as Jungkook dug his hole deeper and deeper.

"You know what I mean, y/n!" His hands went up in aggravation, a fire being lit in his widened eyes.

"What? I don't qualify because I'm not rich? Because I'm not successful?"

There was a pause, a pause I wish didn't exist as I spoke the cold hard truth, more silence pressing on until Jungkook finally took a deep breath, running his hands over his face.

"My parents-- I told you they're strict. They forced me to go to a few marriage meetings, but I never wanted--"

"Marriage meetings?! This is what you've been hiding this whole time? You've been seeing other women behind my back?"

"It wasn't my choice, y/n! I was forced-- "

I scoffed, brushing off his excuses. "What am I? Some sex puppet that waits around for you to come home, to play with until you've found someone qualified enough to meet your parents standards?"