Chapter 14

"Mama? Mama p'ease!" A quiet whimper disrupts Lauren's sleep, causing the woman to let out a deep sigh while prying her eyes open. She goes to snap at whoever woke her, but when she see's an obviously Camila stood next to her bed with tears dripping from her cheeks, she stops in her tracks and instead forces herself to sit up while holding her arms out.

Camila of course doesn't hesitate to crawl into her arms, and once she's sat on her lap with a leg either side of her own, she wraps her arms securely around her small frame and holds her close.

"Did you have a bad dream?" She asks after a few minutes of silence, pressing a tender kiss to the side of the youngsters head.

Camila sniffles into her shoulder and nods, "bad d'eam" she repeats, tightening her grip round her mama to make sure she wouldn't let her go.

Lauren begins to run a hand up and down her back, "wanna tell me...mama about it?" She asks quietly, letting out a soft sigh.

The tiny brunette shakes her head, burying it into the woman's shoulder. She didn't want to talk about how her mama had left her. It may have been a dream, but at the time, it felt anything but and she was scared that if she told, it would happen it real life too.

"That's okay, you don't have to talk about it. Why don't we get a clean diaper, a bottle, and you can come sleep in mama's bed with her? Does that sound good?" Lauren asks as she slides off of her bed, placing her arms underneath Camila to keep her supported before heading to the end of her bed.

Camila sniffles and nods, allowing herself to be laid down onto the end of her mama's bed. The feeling of not being in her mama's arms brings up a new round of tears, but before they could fall, she was scooped back up into the comforting, soothing pair of arms.

"Good girl" Lauren praises, tossing the dirty diaper into the trash before walking out of the room to grab the promised bottle.

As soon as it was warmed up, she heads hack to her room. She situates Camila sideways onto her lap, and once the nipple was firmly placed into the youngsters mouth, the atmosphere calmed causing Lauren to let out a breath of relief.

She looks down at the small girl in her arms as she suckles, and couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. This was the first time she had ever brought a 'client' home before, and while she knew it should feel awkward to bring her work life into her home life, it didn't.

Maybe it was the fact the two had grown so close over the past few months. But hey, she wasn't complaining.

A quiet whine brings her out of her thoughts, and when she looks back down, she was met with the sight of Camila tugging at her shirt with a few tears her cheeks, "mama's here little one. There's no need to get upset" she soothes, beginning to pat her padded butt with her free hand.

Camila looks a little put out at her words, but she nods anyway and continues to drink her milk. About ten minutes later, she finishes it, and after setting the bottle down onto her bedside table, Lauren eases her up into a sitting position and begins to softly pat her back, knowing from experience that Camila got tummy ache if this step wasn't done.

"Alright little lady. Time for bed now" Lauren murmurs as she stifles back a yawn, easing both herself and Camila down onto the mattress.

Camila appears to settle easily this time, her head resting on her mama's chest and her leg thrown over her waist. She brings her thumb to her mouth, but Lauren doesn't have the energy to stop her and go find a pacifier, simply choosing that for tonight, her thumb was okay.

*

The next morning, the two were up bright and early. They were sat in the kitchen with breakfast, Camila looking content as can be with her Cheerios and Lauren sat half asleep with her beloved coffee.

Don't get her wrong. She definitely wasn't up before the sun was for her own pleasure. Camila had woken her yet again calming that she was 'hungry and really really needed food now' and who was she to deny the youngster of what she so desperately needed?

Sighing, she drains her coffee and stands to go make another one, wishing that Camila wasn't such an early riser.

"Mama?" Camila asks as she shovels another handful of cereal into her mouth, her gaze curious.

"Mhhh? What's up little one" Lauren manages to get out as she forces back yet another yawn, carrying her cup to the table before crouching down in front of the small girl and placing her hands on her knees.

Camila sends her a bright smile and pleading holds out her empty bottle, "more?"

Lauren takes the bottle and raises an eyebrow expectedly, brining her hand up to cup her ear.

"P'easeee" the youngster drags out, pouting slightly.

Lauren nods, "Good girl. Thank you for using your manners" she praises, rising to her feet to go make the wanted bottle. She deliberately keeps the milk cold as warm milk was only used for bedtime and nap time, and after screwing the lid on, she hands it back over to an eager Camila.

Seeing her bowl was empty, Lauren eases her to her feet, "go watch some cartoons while mama cleans up" she encourages, sending her off with a maternal pat to her padded butt.

Of course Camila complies, and she soon scurries off towards the direction of the living room leaving Lauren stood by herself in the kitchen.

Running a hand through her hair, Lauren begins to clean up the kitchen. She knew she was going to have to find something for them both to today which was now going to be a little harder considering how early they're both up, but she sure she'll be able to find something to occupy the youngster until Normani came to pick her up.

She was dreading it if she's honest. Normani coming that is. She knew Camila was going to get upset again.

Probably more than last time considering how deep into her headspace she's fallen, and she didn't know if she wasn't going to be able to deny her again. To tell her no and see her breakdown like those were the meanest words she's ever heard.

Sighing, she shakes her head. She still had the whole day with Camila and she wasn't going to worry about something that's not happening until many hours later.

**

Sorry for the long wait dudes. I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Next chapter: 200 votes