第5章

QOTD: how do you feel less awkward around new people? Author needs help

-edited-

Chen Yu chuckles before he brought his friend into Jing Yi's backyard. Her back was still facing them but she could hear the footsteps closing in from behind her.

Another gentle breeze blew towards them, and the two man could smell the subtle honey scent that was carried along with the wind.

"Jing Yi" Chen Yu called out, she turned around as she heard her brother calling for her. As she turned around, she was pleasantly surprised to see him again.

The guy from the forest...

"Chen Yu Gege [1]" she called out, her voice as sweet as honey, extremely pleasing to the ears making Chen Yu smile broadly.

[1]: Older Brother

"This is?" She asked as she looked over at the guy beside Chen Yu.

"Right! This is my best friend, the eighth prince Fu Hao Ming." He introduced.

Fu Hao Ming looked into Jing Yi's eyes when he was introduced, and he first notices the shock then the pity in her eyes.

Pity?

Fu Hao Ming question dissipated when he looked at the sheer clothing that Jing Yi was wearing and the cold breeze that was blowing. He assertively took off his coat, "Keep yourself warm..." He whispered to her as he gently places his coat over her shoulders.

Chen Yu who was on the side, couldn't help but chuckle and shake his head. His beautiful sister had already so quickly won over his cold-hearted friend, who was deemed as a cut-sleeve[2] due to his rejection to every girl.

[2]; Homosexual

"Its cold out here, lets head into my courtyard. We can talk and drink some warm tea." Jing Yi invited them into her place as she poured the freshly brewed tea into the cups and placed them in front of Chen Yu and Fu Hao Ming.

"How old are you?" Fu Hao Ming casually asked as he slowly bought the tea cup up to his lip.

"15" She said without a thought.

"Do you want to be my wife?" He suddenly asked, causing the Chen Yu who was still drinking his tea to very casually turn to the side and spat his tea out whilst having a coughing fit.

"Chen Yu gege are you okay?" Jing Yi asked as she patted Chen Yu's back to try to calm his coughing down.

"My Hao Ming uh, can you try not to scare the both of us?" Chen Yu asked as he wiped the corner of his lip.

Both? Jing Yi turn to look at Chen Yu raising an eyebrow seemingly to accuse Chen Yu. He only looked away slightly red.

"Replying to the eighth prince, I do not want to be your wife. I want to stay here forever." She declared.

"Why would you want to stay here forever?" Hao Ming respected her decision but still asked as he looked at Jing Yi.

Hao Ming who was observing Jing Yi could see the hurt, anger and hatred flashing through her eyes.As quickly as those emotions appeared it also very quickly vanished.

"Chen Yu could you excuse yourself for a while." Hao Ming asked.

"Uh? Men and women should remain a distance..."

"Its okay gege, I don't mind." Jing Yi said, it seems like there are some things she have to clear up with Hao Ming without Chen Yu. Very reluctantly, Chen Yu left Jing Yi's courtyard as he stood guard outside.

"What do you want to say?" Jing Yi asked as she took a sip of her warm tea. It was just her and him, and he can just say whatever he wanted.

"Had something happened?" He asked.

"Hm? What could have happened?" She asked confused.

"You look hurt, sad and angry" he briefly explains.

"I just simply do not want to be involved with the royals." I don't want to be reminded of him... she added softly.

Again, Hao Ming could see the hurt and sad look in Jing Yi's eyes. He, who was sitting beside her gently raised his hands and cupped her face in his palm.

"You don't have to be sad anymore..." he said as he wiped a tear away from Jing Yi's face. She, herself had not even realise that she had let down a drop of tear.

Feeling comforted yet embarrassed at his straightforward actions, Jing Yi's pink cheek grew redder and her eyes grew wider. That strange growing feeling of Jing Yi's ear and tail could be felt again, without any way of stopping it her ears popped out of her head and wiggles slightly.

"So when you're embarrassed, your ears and tails appear. That's cute." he said as he reaches his hands out to touch the soft looking white ears that are sticking out of Jing Yi's head, however she quickly dodges his hand.

Her ears and tails are the most sensitive place and could not be easily touched by others. That was what she was told.

"Don't worry, if you wish to stay here as Chen Jing Yi, Ben Wang [1] will not stop you. I will support you" he said as he lightly caressed her cold cheeks again, and bought his coat up to her ears to cover them.

[1]; A way the princes address themselves

"I hope Ben Wang is the only one who had seen you in such adorable and cute state" The serious tone in his voice, unconsciously caused Jing Yi to shiver which caused her ears to twitch.

He coolly turned around and headed out of her courtyard, his facade was broken as a smile was plastered on his face when he dragged Chen Yu away to avoid him seeing his little sister in that state.

"Truly adorable" he thought as he recalled her reddened face and the small twitches her ears made when he said something.

Jing Yi on the other hand, was slightly missing the warm touch he could make her feel. But at the same time, she looked at her tail and very quickly lost those previous thoughts.