Chapter Fifty Five

Isaac POV

The car ride back to Hailey's house is extremely quiet, I know that she's upset, she hasn't turned away from the window once since we climb into the navigator. She's avoiding looking in my direction.

I don't bother trying to talk to her through out the car ride to her house though, I especially don't want to do it in front of pops men. I don't want to risk them reporting it back to him and then have him down my throat over something so simple.

Romo parks the Lincoln next to the curb once were outside of Hailey's house, probably expecting me to get out and walk Hailey to her front door, but I need to talk to my girl I can't leave knowing she's mad at me.

I take note that Romo and Voss are wearing pretty thick jackets, as to where Hailey and I are in thinner clothing.

"Romo, Voss, out," I say.

Romo glances into the rear view mirror, looking in my direction and realizes that I'm not joking around when I hold his stare.

He nods, "yes sir," and they both quietly get out of the truck, standing a couple feet away from it.

I turn to Hailey once were alone in the truck but she still has her gaze out the damn window, "baby.."

"Who's Gray?" She asked, not bothering to have turned around. I sigh deeply, glancing away from her for a quick second. Hailey then cranes her neck in my direction, repeating the same question. "Who is he?"

I open my mouth to answer her, but nothing comes out and I'm left looking away from her once again. I can't answer her, she knows I can't. I hear Hailey scoff and I instantly look up once I hear the truck opening, I'm immediately undoing my seatbelt reaching over her in the next second, closing the door back up again.

"He works for Verdino," I utter quietly. I turn away from her, my voice coming out even quieter than before and sit back in my seat. "H-he's responsible for his death."

A couple seconds go by and I don't hear Hailey say anything. I glance up at her and my stomachs immediately in knots, there's a disappointed look in her eyes, I know that she knows what that means, she knows what I have to do tonight.

She starts to shake her head, scooting closer towards me, "you're better than that, babe." I scoff averting my attention away from her. "Please Isaac, you heard his mom, just leave it alone, baby, let it go, don't make this any bigger than it already is."

I quickly turn to face her, "me?" I place my hand on my chest. "I'm not the one who made this personal! I literally had watched Fonz die in my hands because there wasn't a damn thing that I could do to save him!"

"Baby it's not your fault."

"But it is, Hailey! You know what this mother fucker did afterwards? Go ahead, ask me, you wanna know everything right? Ask me what he did."

She shakes her head, "Isaac.."

"ASK ME."

"What did he do?"

"He laughed," I tell her and she instantly frowns.

"Yeah," I continue. "He laughed in my fucking face, talking about one down, two to go. So no, I'm not gonna let it go, I'm not gonna lose risking someone else that I fücking care about. God forbid something happen to you, Ang, Dion, Ric, or anyone for the matter. I can not bare the thought of something happening to you."

"How do you think I feel, Isaac!" Hailey exclaims and I remain silent. "I'm constantly worried that somethings going to happen to you when you go out and do something!"