6

The officers that had given Jimin and Jungkook a lift to the station had gone home by the time they had finished with the statements, and the subway was closed, so the boys had to walk home at one in the morning.

"This is shit," Jimin spat, kicking a stone on the path. "I would've brought money for a cab if I'd known they were only gonna drive us one way. Aren't police all about keeping people safe? We'll probably get mugged."

"Don't say that," Jungkook said, obviously on edge. "I'm hashtag fucking stressed, I just got held at knife point and relied on Siri to save my life. Sis this really ain't it. I haven't been able to get anything off my chest, either—"

"Vent if you need to." Jimin mumbled, looking down at the road.

Jungkook smiled. "Well, I can't exactly— JIMIN LOOK OUT!"

A car had suddenly swerved onto the path and Jungkook threw his strong frame against Jimin, knocking them both out of the way and causing them to land chest to chest on the grass as the driver sped away.

Wide-eyed and confused, they made eye contact for a second before bursting out laughing.

"When will it end?" Jungkook grinned as he went to get up off of Jimin, but with a strong, demanding grip on his biceps, he was flipped over onto his back, the older now on top of him.

Jungkook began to ask him what he was doing, but was cut off by Jimin's lips touching his, softly at first, asking for permission, and the pressure intensified as he found himself kissing back. His body instantly began to feel warm, and somehow, against his previous doubts, this felt right.

The kiss ended and Jimin pulled away. Jungkook thought he looked so handsome in the cold light, eyes twinkling and those heavenly pink lips begging to be kissed again.

Jimin stared into the younger's deep ochre eyes for only a moment before rolling off of him. "Ah, I'm sorry..."

"Don't be," Jungkook was so insanely attracted to Jimin right now, and not too shocked by it, either. "I, uh, enjoyed it."

Jimin smiled and looked to his shoes timidly, pink dusting his cheeks as he found it hard to find his words. "I promised myself I wouldn't end up liking you like this, but..."

"Me too." He leaned into Jimin's arms. "But I guess we couldn't stop it, right?"

Jimin smiled as he leaned towards the younger, meeting his lips before kissing him softly and slowly, moving his hands to the pockets of Jungkook's jeans. The kiss lasted for only a few seconds before Jimin broke away with a gasp, pulling something from the younger's pocket.

"BITCH OH MY GOD IS THAT THE MONEY I LOST?" Jungkook hollered.

"IT'S ENOUGH TO GET A CAB!" Jimin celebrated.

"So, um, can I maybe s-stay over?"Jungkook asked shyly, a blush creeping up his cheeks.

"We don't have school to worry about, so yeah, I guess you can." Jimin gave him a devilish grin.

After half an hour trying their best to keep their hands off each other in the back seat of a taxi, the boys thanked their driver and finally got inside Jimin's warm, dimly lit apartment.

Jungkook reached his hands up Jimin's shirt, pulling him close by his waist and, as a result, making him very flustered. He pressed his lips to Jimin's neck, breathing softly against his cold skin.

Jimin's breath hitched. "Wait." He murmured.

He felt the older tense up at his touch, and so pulled away and met Jimin's gaze, uncertainty dancing behind the deep brown hue of his eyes.

"Are you sure, JK? You're not just doing this because you're curious or something?" Jimin asked, pushing away from the younger's hold.

Jungkook found himself hesitating, not quite sure why he couldn't just say what he felt, and the other took it the completely wrong way.

"Look, I'm not going to let you have sex with me if you don't actually like me," Jimin said, his voice eerily calm. "Did you seriously lie about enjoying the kiss to get in my pants? I honestly was not expecting that, since I should know you pretty well after spending our whole lives together."

Jungkook's thoughts were screaming at him to fix the situation, he wanted so badly to tell Jimin that he really did like him, but his mouth couldn't seem to make the words, doubt and anxiety blocking the reassurance he wanted to give the other.

At a loss for words, he let Jimin continue, who was growing angrier with every moment Jungkook remained silent. "So, you think just because I came out to you... what? I don't even know why you'd want to get with me. You could pick up any girl. Seriously, Jungkook—"

He stopped when he realised the younger was no longer looking at him with a nervous stare, but had his head down, his shoulders shaking gently. Jimin wasn't sure what Jungkook was doing, but he assumed it was some sort of joke.

"Are you crying?" He gently lifted the other's hair from over his eyes, and saw they were red and his cheeks had tear tracks running down to his jaw.

It was like a knife to the heart.

Jimin's expression softened, and he went to comfort the younger, but Jungkook swatted Jimin's reaching hands away, grabbed his coat from the arm of the lounge and walked to the door before pausing to look back at the older.

"I wasn't lying, Hyung."

With a sniffle he shut the door behind him, Jimin melting from guilt as he heard Jungkook's steps fade away, disappearing down the hallway.

~

You're so stupid. You're beyond stupid. You don't even deserve him.

Jungkook's only option was to walk home. It had been what felt like hours since he'd left Jimin's apartment, but he couldn't stop the tears. How did he end up liking his best friend so much? Was it always there, and had he just been too blind to ever even question it?

Jungkook pulled out keys from his pocket and unlocked the door to his home, switching on the lights as he went by the kitchen. He threw the keys onto the bench and rested his head in his hands, his whole body aching for something.

That something was Jimin, and he hated that.