The Yule Ball ( Cont. )

The next morning, Harry realised what had happened. He, Harry Potter, had agreed to go to the Yule Ball with Draco Malfoy. They had kissed! Oh Merlin..... He walked down to the Great Hall alone. Due to his late night's, he had woken up late and Ron and Hermione had gone down to breakfast without him. Thankfully, it was Sunday so he didn't need to  pretend to focus in class. I mean, cause, how could he focus?! He had kissed Draco Malfoy! Voluntarily! He had initiated it! When he walked into the Great Hall his gaze immediately searched for Draco. His green eyes met Draco's grey ones and he felt his face heat up at the memory of the night before. Draco smirked devilishly and winked discreetly at him. Harry yelped slightly and hurried over to the Gryffindor table.

He sat down between Ron and Neville. Hermione was no where to be seen. Harry turned to Ron. "Where's Hermione?" He asked. "Lib'ary." Ron garbled. As usual, he had to try and speak around the food he had stuffed his face with. "Are you ok Harry? You look a bit red." Neville asked cautiously. Harry felt himself go even redder. He mumbled a quick "fine thanks" and grabbed a piece of toast just before the food disappeared. Harry looked sadly at his piece of plain toast. He sighed and stood up. He needed to owl Sirius and since it seemed that he wasn't going to get any breakfast, he might as well do it now.

Ron insisted on tagging along. Ever since he had came to his senses about Harry not putting his name in the Goblet of Fire ( because yeah, sure, glory and gold. But. DEATH. ), he insisted on doing everything with Harry. It was a nice show of friendship but.....it gets a bit....annoying. On the way out of the Owlery, they ran into Cho Chang. She blinked shyly at Harry and moved to go into the Owlery before turning back to the two boys. She smiled seductively at Harry and batted her eyelashes.

"Harry, would you like to go to the ball with me?" She asked boldly. "Oh,uh, I have a date already, sorry." Harry replied awkwardly. Ron stared at him, boggled. "You have a date?!" He repeated. "Since when?!" Harry paled. Oh dear. "Uh, since last night." Cho looked disappointed. "Oh. Who?" She asked bluntly. Harry laughed nervously. "What?" "Who's your date?" Cho persisted. Harry panicked. Both Cho and Ron were waiting for an answer and they were staring at him intensely. "Uhhh, pff, you probably won't know who it is." He stuttered. Cho frowned. "I might know her. Describe her." She ordered. "Uh, blonde, yay high, um, hot."

Harry had to make sure his face hadn't burst into flames. He had just called Draco hot! He had just called Draco, Draco! Cho seemed unpleased with his answer. She sniffed disapprovingly and with a flick of her hair, flounced into the Owlery. Harry and Ron began to walk back to the library. Ron glared at him. "Why didn't you tell me you have a date? Now I'm the only one without one. Even Neville has one!" He looked miserably angry. Harry felt guilt curdle in his stomach. "I still can't believe I have a date." He said honestly. Ron grumbled unintelligibly under his breath. He remained in a foul mood till dinner, which Harry skipped to escape the black cloud hovering over Ron but when he got back to the dorms, he felt nothing but concern for his best friend.

Ron was completely horrified at his attempt to ask Fleur to the ball. He gibbered weakly as Hermione patted his hand consolingly. She exchanged a look with Harry and he nodded. Enough was enough. He strode over to Parvati and Lavender and asked them if they knew someone who would go with Ron. Parvati offered to ask her sister who, luckily , said yes. Feeling off put, Harry strode back over to Ron to give him the good news. Why do girls giggle so much? He was so glad he was going with a boy.
------------------------------------------------------------
"I look like my Great Aunt." Ron whispered in horror. He was looking at himself in the mirror and plucking at the frills frantically. He looked at Harry. "I look like my Great Aunt Tessie!" Harry tried not to laugh. He was surprisingly excited for the ball and butterflies fluttered in his stomach. Giant mutant, venomous man eating butterflies that were trying to eat him alive from the inside. Ok, he was also decidedly nervous. Ron looked close to tears. "Murder me Harry." He couldn't keep the grin off his face. "I'm sure once you burn off the frills it'll be fine." He said. Ron snorted unattractively in anger.  "Says you! You look fine! Look at you! At least you have normal robes!"