Chapter 3

Sophie's POV
I put my things together, and made my way to the hotel's event hall, where Magcon was taking place. When I arrived, I looked out the window, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were probably more than 1,000 girls, all lined up (and held by security) waiting to see the boys.

All around the room, I could hear screaming coming from outside. As I was looking out, watching Mahogany, Aaron, and Taylor waving to fans outside, Nash came up to me.

"Hey Soph" he said.

"Hey" I said "what's up?"

"Nothing much" Nash replied, "just getting pumped up!" he laughed.

I let out a small laugh, then turned back away from Nash to look at the crowd. They were getting bigger and bigger, and louder and louder, and it was making me more nervous than I was.

Nash turned me around. "What's wrong? You look nervous" he asked.

"Well that's because I am" I muttered.

Nash pulled me in for a hug. "Don't be" he said.

"Why?" I asked "Shawn posted a picture of me on Instagram and a bunch of girls were hating on me because they thought I was his girlfriend!"

"But you act like it.." Nash said quietly.

"I what?" I asked

"Come on Soph you two act like you are dating" he said "I don't know, you've only known each other a few days, but you really seem to like each other" he continued.

"Oh..." I said looking down.

"Well do you?" Nash asked.

"Do I what?" I said trying to avoid an answer to his question.

"Dammit Soph, do you, or do you not like Sh---" Nash was cut off by a 'buzz' signaling for him to get on stage. "Well, I have to go but we will continue this conversation later."

"Yeah definitely" I said hesitantly.

*******

The room was filling up amazingly fast. After 20 minutes or so, everyone had entered, and the event had started.

The boys were crazy on stage. They were jumping up and down, making jokes into the microphone, and Mahogany was Dj-ing on the side of the stage.

After a little while, Cameron took the microphone and said "guys I'd like for you to meet my friend from home, Sophie Miller!"

I came on stage and everyone was cheering, and Nash whispered in my ear " see they like you." I just smiled and rolled my eyes

The time went by fast and it was amazing. I was able to dance and jump around and just have fun.

Later on in the day, the boys, Mahogany, and I made our way towards the crowd and it was Shawn's turn on stage. I was really excited to hear him sing again.

Shawn took the microphone, and looked over at me and said "before I begin, I want you guys to hear a little something"

He then looked at his guitar and began strumming. He began to sing. I smiled recognizing the lyrics as the one Shawn sang to me the day before

"I love it when you just don't care". He continued on with the song, except this time, he added a new part.

"We don't have to be ordinary
Make your best mistakes
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party
I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party"

Shawn glanced at me and smiled and said "I wrote the first part a while back and the second part last night. When I wrote the second part, I had..." Shawn looked away from me. "I had inspiration" he said shyly.

After, Shawn sang "Summertime Sadness", and then went back stage to put his guitar away, as the rest of the boys and Mahogany went onstage.

I saw Shawn going backstage, and I followed. "That was amazing" I said running and hugging him.

"You really think so?" he asked.

I nodded my head and looked down.

Shawn came close to me and said quietly "When I sang the second part and said I had an inspiration, that inspiration was you"

I and looked up at him, and our faces were only inches apart. I smiled, and then slowly leaned in...