51. new lives

*8 months later*

Ella sat on the couch, pouting, as she watched Lexie tape up her boxes. Lexie noticed her best friend's face and sighed.

"Don't look at me like that." Ever since Lexie had told Ella she was moving in with Matt, in New York, she had been pouting.

"I can't help it! You're moving a million miles away from me." Ella huffed, Lexie just shook her head.

"You've known about this for ages, can't you just be happy for me?"

No, Ella could not just be happy for her. She was completely and utterly not okay with Lexie moving to New York for a lot of reasons, one of them being a curly brown haired dude with a French name who would be hanging out with her best friend from now on.

"Of course I'm happy for you." Ella forced a smile which made Lexie just roll her eyes.

"Well now you're just straight up lying to me." She started putting more things into another box. Ella felt helpless.

"I'm sorry that I'm not ecstatic about my soulmate moving across the world. It's gonna be so hard Lex." She leant against the doorframe but Lexie seemed to be too busy to notice the sadness. She stood up for a moment and let out a deep breath.

"I know, I wasn't ecstatic about it either but he asked me to move in with him almost three months ago. I can't keep putting off" she explained but Ella had heard it all before. "Hey Elle, can I ask you something and you gotta promise me you won't get defensive?" Lexie sat on a box to have her serious conversation. Ella removed herself from the doorframe and sat on Lexie's bed.

"Yeah, I guess." Ella ran her hand along the duvet of her best friends bed, knowing it would never feel the same once she was gone.

"Is there anything you want me to say to him?" Lexie asked. Ella pretended not to know who she was talking about.

"Who, Matt?" She guessed, Lexie rolled her eyes.

"Guess again." Lexie retorted.

Ella hadn't seen or spoken to Timmy since the breakup. He moved into a hotel, filmed his movie and then fled the country. Their busy schedules meant it was pretty easy for them not to dwell on the situation but it didn't mean either had forgotten about it.

"What would you say? Hi?" She decided sarcasm was the best way to go on this one.

"I dunno I just feel like you two left it a bit weird. Like you decided you were breaking up and then ghosted each other completely. If you're asking me..."

"Which I'm not..." Ella muttered.

"It's unhealthy and there are probably unresolved issues and things that have been left unsaid." Lexie shrugged but Ella was somehow mildly offended.

"It's been eight months, I'm with someone else now. The last thing I need is him in my life." Ella stood up from the bed and went to leave.

"Oh yes, how could I forget Milo." She laughed, Ella spun around again.

Ella knew Lexie didn't like Milo. However Milo was there for her when her and Timothée broke up and from then they had been in a relationship she liked to think was ten times more stable than her and Timmy's.

"Please stop Lexie. Give him a break." Ella scolded her so Lexie held up her hands in defence.

"Sorry I know." She sighed, having had this argument many times before. Lexie taped up some more boxes while Ella collapsed onto her bed.

ellalawrence posted a photo: