Marinette

Everyone quickly stood up and left the Inn.  The moment they left the Inn, they went to their places, as Milo ran to warn the villagers.  

Reaper, Lukas, Joey, Cael, Price and Dominic followed Emmy as they quickly made their way out through the Western gate.  They were only able to run 30 yards outside the village walls when the forest ahead of them shook. The ground rumbled and the road cracked.  The trees parted and a large two headed bear emerged. The size of the two headed bear was the same size of a two story home. And between it’s neck, sat the Beast Master Wizard.  

The Beast Master Wizard was not a man, but a woman.  Her long red hair reached her waist and waved along with the wind that blew softly.  Even from the distance, Emmy knew the wizard would be stunningly beautiful.

“Halt.”  Emmy shouted.  

The young wizard laughed hautiedly before she jumped down from her Beast. Without a word the two headed bear ran towards them at full speed.  Without hesitation, Emmy ran towards the beast and unleashed her vines. Large, thick vines, caught the bear and tried it’s best to tie it down. However with its strength, the bear was able to break free.  Every time it broke free, more vines would grow and try to subdue it.

While everyone stopped to fight the bear as they planned, Dominic was the only one who followed Emmy.  The wizard did not wait for Emmy to reach her as she pulled out her sword and hacked at the vines that tried to get to her.  

“Fucken mages.”  Marinette shouted as she retreated from the vines.  Marinette chanted a spell and from the forest, a pack of wolves were bespelled and quickly made their way towards her.  

Emmy pulled her sword by her side and attacked.  However, before she could fight the wizard, the pack of wolves descended on them. Emmy and Dominic were back to back as they fought the pack of wolves.  With the help of her vines, they were able to subdue most of the wolves while they killed them one by one.

Marinette was busy fighting off the vines that kept on pushing her back, while her two headed bear was defending attacks from the men while trying to break free from the vines.  

“Can you handle this?”  Emmy asked Dominic after six out of the fifteen wolves  were killed.

“Got it.”  Dominic said without looking at Emmy as he attacked the wolves.

Emmy’s vines pushed Marinette back into the forest and when her back landed against a tree trunk.  Marinette did not expect for the tree to open up. The vines pushed her into the trunk and closed her inside, trapping her inside of the tree.  

Marinette’s heart beat wildly as panic starts to seep in.  She did not expect to fall into the mage’s trick so fast. She only thought the mage could only control vines, she did not expect for the mage to be able to control anything else.  

The air around her slowly ran out and when she was about to lose consciousness, a small window opened right before her face and she gasped for air.  What she saw made her eyes tear up as the pack of wolves laid littered in front of her as her two headed bear was finally subdued and blood covered the ground.  It’s loud roar sounded sad as it called out to Marinette to help him.

“Stop!”  Marinette shouted as her heart hurt to see her beloved beast tied down and attacked.  

Although it had thick fur, the swords that stabbed the bear were like small cuts that caused the bear to slowly bleed. It’s loud roar of pain caused Marinette’s eyes to tear up.  Marinette saw the beautiful Mage walk up to her and from behind her was a tall, tan, muscular man and a tall, elegant man.

“Did you stop when you attacked those villages?”  Emmy asked as she made one of the vines whip the bear.  When the vine landed on the bear, the sound echoed loudly and the bear cried out in pain.  “How many lives have you taken without an ounce of regret? How many villages have you ruined to the ground?  How many pleas have you heard and disregard? And you want me to stop? Don’t make me laugh.”

“Don’t hurt Sylvain.  I beg you.” Marinette cried out as the vines kept on whipping the bear.  

“Beg me?”  Emmy asked.  “You’re only begging because you’ve been caught.  Your sins against humanity disgusts me.”

The wood that surrounded Marinette squeezed tighter around her and caused Marinette to cry out in pain.

“Stop!”  Marinette pleaded.  “Stop! And I’ll tell you everything.”  

The wood around her stopped squeezing her and she took a big breath.  The vine stopped whipping the bear as the men who surrounded the bear stopped stabbing it.  

“Speak!”  Emmy shouted.  

“I was hired by that Witch by Lord Seoras’s side.”  Marinette said. “She hired me to wreck havoc. She wanted to kill as much people as I can to bring calamity to Lire so Ceco can attack the other territories while there was confusion. She wants to take over the Royal Lire Family and become Queen of Lire.  Being Lady Tomas of Ceco is not enough for her. She wants to rule all of Lire.”

“Really?”  Emmy asked as she her eyes harden.  

“What is this witch’s name? What does she look like? How did you meet this Witch?”  Emmy asked. “How much did she pay you?”

“The witch’s name is Emmy.  She is the witch who bespelled Lord Seoras and all the people of Ceco.”  Marinette quickly answered. “I met her at the Falling Star Tavern in Maru.  She wore a black cloak, so I couldn’t see her features. But I saw the blonde hair that she tried to hide under the hood. We agreed to 1 million gold coins.  Half was paid up front and when everything was done, the other half would be paid.”

“You sure it was the Witch Emmy who hired you?”  Emmy asked.

“Yes!  She told me her name and that her backer is Lord Seoras.”  Marinette told her. “I concluded that the only Emmy by Lord Seoras side is the witch.”  

“What’s your name?” Emmy suddenly asked.  “What are you called?”

“Marinette. Why do you ask?”  

“Marinette.”  Emmy said as she stared coldly at Marinette.  “Funny how I don’t remember meeting you at all.”

Marinette’s eyebrow scrunched up as she felt confused.  Why would the woman in front of her say this.

“I never left Ceco in the past four years, so how is it that I met you in the Falling Star Tavern in Maru?”  Emmy asked. “This is my first time meeting you.”

“You---” Marinette could not finish her sentence before Emmy answered her question.  

“I am the infamous Emmy.”  Emmy told Marinette. “And as you can see, I’m not a witch, but a mage.  So tell me. Who do you work for? Who is your Master?”