Chapter Forty-Seven

Renata was very familiar with Sirius' bold cheekiness, but she would have never anticipated him going as far as suggesting marriage, which caused her to turn even redder than before

Renata was very familiar with Sirius' bold cheekiness, but she would have never anticipated him going as far as suggesting marriage, which caused her to turn even redder than before. Harry seemed to enjoy the fact that she was changing colours before his very eyes as he smiled and placed his hand on the side of her face. However, it was Sirius who was laughing at her reaction to his statement.

"Oooh, I see you were actually just thinking about it, weren't you?" he said in a teasing tone as Renata rolled her eyes and looked away, tapping her foot against the pavement.

"That's not funny," she said quietly, " I don't think marriage is something that has crossed Mr Potter...I mean, James's mind-"

"I see we're on first name basis now too," Sirius examined as he placed his hand to his chest, " the meeting with your mother must have really gone well. Maybe not for her, but you two, seem to have jumped several steps over this visit-"

"Can we get back to the original topic here, please?" Renata begged him because if she grew any warmer in the face, she felt like she was going to end up exploding. "You know, back to the wedding ring and what I'm supposed to do?"

"I already told you what to do," he replied, " you have to talk to him about it-"

"But that's going to make things awkward-"

"As oppose to right now, Renata," Sirius interjected, " it seems to me that things have already been made awkward because neither one of you will discuss this. Why do you two have to wait until you're on the verge of exploding before bringing anything up? Is this like a weird game or a secret kink-"

Renata made a scolding face at Sirius as she placed her hand over one of Harry's ears and pressed his other ear into her shoulder. He could only laugh as she took the same protective stance that James normally took with him if he managed to slip and swear in front of Harry. It seemed Harry was far off at all when he called Renata "Mummy" because she certainly acted like a protective mother.

"All I'm saying is that you two need to talk to each other, rather than always tiptoeing around things until you both can't take it anymore," he said pushing himself up and climbing down the steps to be at her eye level.  "Unless you two are sort of into that kind of thing, which judging by you standing before me asking for help, I don't think that's the case."

She could only watch as he started making his way down the pavement, away from his flat and where Renata was standing with Harry still in her arms.

"Wait, where are you going?" she called after him.

"Well, your mother has just left town, I can only assume your brother is in some needing of cheering up, right?"

He gave her an exaggerated wink which only made Renata wish that he would trip over the curb as he stepped down, but she had no such luck with that wish. However, as much as she didn't want to think of how Sirius was going to cheer up Adelmo, she didn't want her brother to alone after that visit and he definitely was in need of some cheering up.