37. Numb

[Edited]

Don't ask my why it always rains when I'm in a shitty mood.

I walked down the sidewalk shivering from the storm that decided it was going to randomly join in on my parade of bleakness, letting the street lights guide my path. The rain pelted down in large drops, thunder singing a sad melody as I dragged my feet across the cement, face a blank canvas to match whatever was left of my soul.

I couldn't feel anything although the wind was whipping my wet hair around my face gratingly, scolding me for my ludicrous actions over the past week.

I tried to pull my dress down as it hiked up my thighs while walking up the driveway to the closest house I could get to with this disgraceful feeling caving, pounding on my chest.

I walked up the familiar steps and knocked slowly three times, lips numb and trembling from the cold drops that slithered down my entire body. I could hear their questioning voices, the scrambling of feet making their way to the front door.

"What are you doing... here?" her voice slowed down as she took in my drenched form.

That same female voice I heard what feels like forever ago.

Lisa.

Only this time her tone wasn't as condescending to my surprise, but I couldn't even spare her a shocked expression. Her and Tae probably talked about the whole situation. I stared passed her through the doorway, unable to form words.

"Uhh, guys? Your friend looks a little.... " The door swung wider and Lisa stepped back a bit.

"Holy shit, y/n, you look like ass!"

'I look better than how I feel at least.'

My eyes lazily dragged over to Taehyung who looked like he saw a ghost while taking in my broken state.

"Y/n... what happened?" Tae managed to force out, his wide eyes never leaving mine.

"You idiot, bring her inside first!" Lisa scolded while she wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me inside hastily.

"I think I have a spare change of clothes in the bedroom. I'll be right back," she rushed off down the hall, leaving me alone on the couch with Tae and Jimin slowly approaching as if I was some dangerous caged animal.

Taehyung knelt down behind me, his hand reaching out to gently grasp my own as tears spilled over and slid down my cheeks. My face remained expressionless, not really watching him anymore as I began to stare off into space, thoughts clouding my overwhelmed brain.

"What happened, y/n? What did he do to you?" Tae asked calmly, rubbing soothing circles onto the back of my hand in care but I refused to answer, not ready to talk while my mental wounds were still gushing red.