14

That oh so familiar vehicle soon emerges from the bliss of darkness, its front lights mingling with the dim street and you grin ear to ear when you see Mr Lee sliding the window down to send you a wave.

Taehyung pouts like usual as the limo comes to a stop in front of your driveway. He holds back a cough and instead, lingers a lump constricting the mids of his throat before deciding to swallow it dryly.

"Hi Uncle Lee!" Your voice beams ever so freely as a smile curves the sides of your lips.

Taehyung smiles faintly at your little beep, heart flipping uncontrollably despite wincing at the suddenness. However, the coils of his smile soon drops to the ground when reality decides to strike and sinks in. He holds back a gulp when it decides to attack his little heart like a pack of wolves spotting a vulnerable doe in the midst of a forest.

He sulks at the thought of having to go back to the palace. He dreads to be there, your company being so enjoyable and entertaining than having to sit in his boring, gloomy room all day that held nothing but dullness even with the endless collection of toys.

Why couldn't he just stay here for the night? Tommorow's the weekend so it meant neither of you had school.

The cold night breeze brushes against the outside of your skin, sending an immense wave of slithering electric to produce visible goosebumps on your body.

You heave out a breath, the misty frost floating through the air as you shift your position to face your sulking friend. Your arms are dropped to hang swiftly on both sides of your body, completely ignoring the shudder traveling your spine as another gush of wind whistles it's way pass you.

Taehyung mumbles vague words under his chin as he aggressively kicks those imaginary stones off the floor.

All of a sudden, warmth intrudes your freezing self at the cute scene displayed before you, no longer feeling like you're inside a refrigerator that's all ready to get Popsicled for hot summer vacation.

Taehyung really looks so cute with his his lips pursed out.

You bite your bottom lip in attempt to stifle back a laugh, but the faintness of your sound doesn't go unnoticed to the boy.

He stops whatever he was doing and looks at you dead in the eyes.

You try to ignore how intimidated you were just now by the boy as you finally push back the sack of laughter tickling your throat a while ago.

You slowly stride your way towards where he had himself isolated and widen your arms for a hug. You notice how his eyes linger at your arms, throat constricting as he debates a decision fast.

Taehyung loves hugs. And seeing your offer was like telling him to choose between a perfectly baked strawberry cake or a pack of delicious chocolate Hershey's.

Oh, the irony of having to choose only one amongst two of your most favorite things really tends to get one's mind to stop functioning as if the situation was as crucial as life and death itself.

Yes, he loves hugs. The boy would always give you one without minding the current location or situation.

Think of it as this way though.

Why would he want to just ignore  welcoming doors of an ice cream shop after spotting something eye- catching?

As in. In front of the store. Stands a very tall sign with clear, vivid, bold words that says. Free Ice Cream!

Now who'd want to miss a splendid opportunity such as that? Not anyone. That's for sure.

Taehyung wouldn't miss an opportunity for the world when it comes to you. He'll immediately and heartily grasp it in a heartbeat, and cherish it as it is.

Now as for this hug.

This one was always different, and it'd always seem to shatter his heart in a dramatic kind of way. Why? Cause this hug always meant he'd have to be separated from you.

And he doesn't want that.

Why does your smile have to be so alluring? His chest heaves as he releases a sigh. It's defeated, and almost as if exasperated.

Taehyung reluctantly makes his way to give you one. Your warmth sinks into his clothed skin as he pulls you closer, so does yours and you sigh in both relief and satisfaction.

You were freezing a while ago so this situation you had indulged yourself into was a win win.

Mr Lee steps out from the limo and his heart instantly melts at the sight before him. He's witnessed this a lot of times but despite all that. The scene never gets old.

When you feel like you've collected enough heat to preserve yourself for the slow torturing minutes that's about to come. You draw back. But that's until Taehyung decides to pull you in once again with a much firmer grip.

The way his chest rumbles sends a ripple of vibration to tickle the front of your body and when a small-almost desperate-whimper escapes the caves of his throat. You freeze.

"I still want to play, Y/n."

The soothing beam of the moon cascading the silent hush earth reminds you that it was probably way pass nine now. You love playing with Taehyung, yes. However, you'd openly admit not only to him, but to the whole world, that you desperately need your beauty sleep.

Your mom picks up his adorable statement and chuckles. "You'll have all the time in the world for that. But right now. It seems like little Prince should get some sleep first. That way you'll be wide awake and have more energy to play."

The boy only purses his lips into a more cuter pout, closing his eyes as he nuzzles himself into the crook of your neck.

You feel him sigh against your skin as the curves of his lips tugs up.

Strawberry. You smell like strawberry.

Your scent drives him crazy for a second and he furrows his brows. As if pricked by a needle. He suddenly jerks back and away from your body.

There's this beam sparking the corner of his eyes as he locks gazes with your own. You're confused unto why he suddenly sprung off, but he doesn't seem to notice that.

Taehyung continues to stare down at you with this faint emotion taking over his features. He feels his heart accelerate into a maximum and before you know it. His eyes now flickers with pure adoration.

There's something different with how the moon decides to elegantly shine its hues at you tonight. The way they glowed down your star-reflected eyes, to your cute nose and those thick pink lips. Heck. He finds himself blushing for no apparent reason.

You're beautiful. You've always been. But tonight. You looked rather..astonishing and he tries to search for a vivid reason unto why he's suddenly feeling like this.

Suddenly feeling this want to hold you in his arms and never let go. Feeling of wanting to kiss you in other places other than your soft sun-kissed cheeks.

But he snaps out of it.

It was probably nothing.

The boy tears away from you like lightning and sends your mom two cute puppy dog eyes.

"B-but-"

Just when he thought the redness on his cheeks had finally subside. You just had to attack him with a kiss.

"Good night, Tae." You smile as you completely draw back from the love strucked boy.

You stand beside your mother as you watch Taehyung return from his own little world.

His fingers absentmindedly travel up to his cheek, and he presses the pink tinted spot softly.

"I-I guess I-I'll see you tommorow." He stammers cutely.