Imagine

As the band walked on the stage, and the lights dimmed, Lola's eyes widened. It was the final performance of the night, and it was sure to be stunning. As the singing started, people started swaying to the beat, singing in their first languages. It was so beautiful, every voice, and every language, singing in unity, to show support. Lola started softly whispering the words in Hungarian, as she moved forward in the crowd, trying to get closer to the center of the crowd.

As the singers voices soared, reaching new hights, Lola's surprise grew, as people started demonstrating their powers in the air above the crowd. There was a tall, skinny man who made curving and twisting shapes in the air with purple flames, while a short and stocky woman next to him took the smoke from the flames and changed the colors of it, creating a powerful, pulsing mass of smoke that changed colors with the beat of the music. A young boy stood in between his parents, manipulating the lights to softly pulse, small sparks coming from his fingers.

And they were all singing

And they were all singing. Lola wanted so badly to join in, but she suppressed those thoughts. Stay hidden. She reminded herself, before moving on.

The girl in all black slowly trailed behind her, and then another girl in all black joined her, till Lola had two women following her.

Lola made her way to the front of the crowd, where people were kneeling, praying. She shrugged, and got on her knees.

Thank you for my mom, thank you for my time with Coulson, thank you for my aunt, uncle, and cousins. Thank you for Grant, and his brother. Thank you for Steve, Wanda, and Sam. Please keep them all safe. Please make Bucky, Steve's friend, get better. Please make it, so that one day, the government won't think that I am dangerous, and me and mom can go home. Please make it so that one day, this hate will stop.

Thanks.

Lola slowly stood up, stepping backwards. She looked up at the stage, where the singers swayed slowly. She looked at the crowd. Everyone was so happy. They all had smiles on their faces, tears in their eyes, as they felt support from strangers. For some, it was the support that their families and friends refused to show them. Lola smiled widely. This was the way the world should be. Happy. Joyful.

She touched the scar on her neck, and then softly sang to herself.

"You may say, I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, I hope some day, you join us, and the world will live as one."

——

And as the music stopped, the bracelets of the Inhumans turned on. Some were uncomfortable, trying to hide the bright white light in their coats, but they slowly raised their fists in the air when they saw others doing the same. Soon every hand, include Lola's, including the civilian supporters, was raised in the air, swaying to the same pace. A mass of people, waving their hands in the air.

It was beautiful.

Until the lights went out, and every white bracelet turned bright, blood red.

Men burst through the doors of the pavilion, shouting orders, huge guns in their hands.

"Everybody quiet! Anyone who isn't Inhuman, lay on the ground. You won't be hurt. Anyone who is? Stand straight as a pole, bracelet arm in the air. Anyone who doesn't follow orders? Well you get shot." A huge man at the front of the group of men with guns yelled.

Some civilians complied, laying on the ground. The Inhumans stayed standing, but nobody raised their arms.

"Raise your arms scum!" The man shouted, waving his gun, and people slowly started raising their hands in the air, while the remaining civilians got on the ground. Soon they were separated, the Inhumans, and the civilians.

"Inhumans! Here. You. Stand. Separate. You stand in danger, while the civilians are safe. This is the way the world is. The way the world always has been. The way it alway will be. You are not people. You deserve no sympathy. You are animals. You should live on farms, like cows. Stop fooling yourselves. You will never be anything more than alien scum. You are a freak of nature. But comfort yourselves. Your pain will end soon. WE ARE THE WATCHDOGS!" The leader of the men with guns screams into the crowd, and then he takes a step back, cocking his huge gun, before saying one final sentence.

"And yer' all about to die."