Little town girl issues part 1

Reader's P.O.V.

Those of us in the world of dating are warriors competing on an often brutal battlefield. And the simple truth is some are just better equipped to navigate the terrain than others. There are the victorious. There are the casualties. I am currently neither, conqueror nor victim. I'm....I'm neutral. The Switzerland of the dating world. I remain optimistic.

So here I am on a cold winter night on a date with this random guy who was pressured by his own mother to date me. The only thing is he wouldn't pay any attention to me and only cared about the football game that was going on that night. He would constantly look at his phone while on the date watching the game. How could this possibly end well right? But it wasn't always like this for me. This time last year I had the perfect boyfriend. Every girl's dream. Handsome, successful, attentive. But that was then and this...well, this is now.

So after Mr. Perfect left, I spent three months wallowing. Trust me, it wasn't pretty. Then I decided I couldn't go back in time, it was time to move on and I dove into three months of regimented training. And yes by that I mean I studded dating. I felt like dating like any other fine skill, is a discipline that is meant to be practiced and perfected. Some people may tell you that you should just sit back and relax and let love come to you, but in my experience that approach leads to a myriad of Saturday nights of double-fudge ripple and Jane Austen films.

You know that one articale on The Daily Women magazine? Marriage before mortuary? Yeah, I read that one, too. Page 36, paragraph two says at my age, I have a one in five chance of finding a husband. Didn't know that before I let a good one walk. Sometimes on the dating battlefield, one warrior's forfeit can be another's victory. The search for love can be unpredictable, messy, and sometimes downright unpleasant. And the search continues.

But there is one thing that keeps even us wounded warriors in the battle...Hope that there really is a perfect someone out there for everyone. Or in my case, a perfect someone again.

Everything was perfect, before. My old boyfriend and I were happy. We were planning our future. Then the phone call came. A premier Chicago firm was looking for some promising young talent in their real estate department. It was the golden ring he'd been working for.

So there I was suddenly facing the hardest decision of my life. Leave everything I've ever known and the town that I love and go to Boston a thousand miles away. Or watch all of my plans drive away in a U-haul. I hear he's enjoying the deep dish pizza.

So after getting settled into a place in Boston I started working at a local coffee shop that I ended up owning and started my own coffee shop in Downtown Boston, Massachusetts. A co-worker of mine who is also one of my dearest friends I met whilst moving into an apartment complex in Boston has become one of my closest friends. I let her work along side me with the business.

"Mm. There's nothing like..." (y/f/n) said as I cut her off by finishing her sentence. "The first sip." She set up the coffee for the morning as we both had our first cup of coffee in the morning before getting to work. It's always like this every weekmorning working at the coffee shop. "Mm, it's heavinly. It's what keeps us in business." I say taking another sip of my delicious hot cup of coffee. "So, are you going to tell me about last night or not?" My friend asked me with a smile on her face. "Or not." I said with a smug look on my face. She's been trying to hook me up with some guys since she heard about what my past boyfriend done to me. Let's just say I still haven't had my luck in finding the perfect one for me all over again.