party

"yes mom, yes! i'm coming on thursday, okay? stop freaking out. what? you wanna see michael too? he's your favorite? mom- okok, we'll see you thursday alright? okay i love you, bye." calum ended the call and he groaned, running a hand through his hair.

luke appeared suddenly, making calum jump. "dude, can you not?"

"sorry, i was just eavesdropping on your conversation with your mother." he laughed. "she likes michael more than you? ha, i can see why."

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?" calum squeaked.

"you're kinda plain my friend. always talking about grading your students papers and taxes and boring things, i don't know. you act like a dad who hosts too many barbecues."

calum looked at the ghost in disbelief. how dare he say that? calum's a fun guy. he goes to his fair share of parties and talks about cool things when he wants.

"you're rude." calum pouted and he walked away.

when thursday rolled around, calum and michael had their suitcases right by the front door and the pair were in the kitchen, grabbing a snack for the ride to the airport.

ashton and luke were sat on the counter, watching the pair frantically look for something to eat.

"it's not that hard to pick out a snack guys." ashton said. calum rolled his eyes.

"well i can't find the god damn cliff bars. did you eat them?" calum asked ashton.

"nah, i don't like those things." he said.

"oh, but i do!" luke smirked.

calum just gave luke the most deadpan look. he pursed his lips together and mumbled. "of course."

"hey, can ashton and i throw a party while you're gone?" luke asked blatantly.

"what? no! no parties while michael and i are away." he looked at the couple. "i mean it."

luke raised his hands in defense. "ok ok, sorry. 'was just wondering." he let his arms drop and he leaned on ashton's shoulder.

calum found two granola bars. "okay mikey, i got some stuff. don't bother to look for anything anymore, or we'll be late. let's go."

"but i don't like-" michael began to whine but calum didn't let him finish.

"i know you don't like it. we can just get something at the airport then ok? let's go."

so the boys rushed to the door. luke and ashton followed and stood watching them as they picket up their suitcases.

"goodbye to the undead roomies! catch ya later!" michael said as he walked out of the door.

calum, with a granola bar hanging from his mouth as he clutched his suitcase, looked at the ghosts with a serious face. "no. parties." and he turned around and left.

"ok, goodbye to you too," ashton shouted to him.

"ashton?" luke looked to ashton. ashton turned to him.

"what hun?"

"we're so throwing that party."

so, while calum and michael we're back home visiting calum's mom, ashton and luke threw a ghost party the next night without the boring barbecuing dad's permission.

in the weird universe of ghosts and such, they had their own things like humans did. telephones, "online" stores (which suck in ashton's opinion, he prefers regular human stores), and restaurants and other things. it wasn't like luke and ashton were stuck in this house, they could go out and do things, but this was the house they were bound to since they passed in the home.