Chapter Twelve

~Shigure's POV~

We got to the school a little later in the day when it would be less crowded. Luna was tenser than usual, her fists were clenched at her sides and she looked ready to snap at any moment. I'd really wished Hatori hadn't mentioned that Akito had planned on attending the festival instead. Hatori seemed more depressed than usual and the tension between him and Luna was absolutely suffocating. Had something happened between the pair of them when they were alone in the car the other day?

"Luna, Hatori said you sang again, will you sing for us later?" Momiji asked suddenly as we climbed the stairwell heading toward Kyo, Yuki and Tohru's classroom.

Hatori stiffened at this and looked to Luna worried as if expecting her to crumble.

Luna threw me a dark look; she knew it was me who had told Hatori. He'd told me to keep him up to date on her progress; he was her doctor after all. "No." She replied coolly and walked ahead of us in silence.

I sighed as Momiji ran after her with a whine and turned to Hatori, "Why did you tell Momiji?"

"He was worried about her, I thought if he knew she was singing again he'd be reassured." Hatori sighed as he watched Momiji link arms with Luna.

The pair reached the classroom and I chuckled as Momiji darted inside and called, "YUKI!" followed by a bunch of 'awh's from the girls in the class.

Luna hesitated at the door afraid to go in and be ogled at. Hatori walked past her and attempted to get Momiji under control, "Momiji please behave yourself." He sighed as he stoically entered the classroom.

Luna tensed as she picked up on something someone had said that I couldn't quite pick up. I approached her carefully and slid my arm around her slender waist. Miraculously, she began to relax against me.

"You knew Akito was planning on attending, didn't you?" She asked softly as we stepped into the classroom immediately drawing the attention of all the students and guests.

I hesitated not wanting to upset her and cause a scene as people were already staring. Tohru smiled and waved at us from her place next to the rice stall they'd constructed. My eyes wandered about the room looking for something, anything, to distract Luna with. She continued staring up at me her feral eyes narrowing into a glare as I continued stalling for time.

"Yuki, are you wearing a dress?" I cracked a grin as I spotted Yuki wearing a ridiculously frilly outfit at the front of the room with Momiji sitting atop his shoulders.

Yuki shot me a death glare.

Luna's gaze flitted away and I mentally applauded myself, disaster effectively diverted, "Nice try." She smiled and gripped my arm in an iron hold.

"Not in front of the kids." I attempted to tease her.

She glared once more before disentangling herself from me and joining Tohru at the rice stand. Momiji kindly gave us all an introduction as Hatori embarrassingly began checking Yuki's vitals causing Tohru to panic.

"Yuki are you sick?" Tohru paled.

"You're Tohru, right?!" Momiji squealed and bounced up to the startled girl.

"Yep, that's me." Tohru smiled politely.

"Now me, guess who I am." Momiji giggled childishly.