[XXXV]

"Mom?" I blinked as I stood behind Baby. My mother met my baby's eyes before meeting me.

"Come, I need to speak to you." She walked past us and into the office. I sighed as I followed her. "You too Ms. Secretary..."

I looked back to see my Babygirl's eyes. Her eyes trembled as she looked at me.

"It'll be fine." I whispered. I offered my beautiful girl my hand. "Come, Baby..."

She took my hand, forgetting for the moment her anger at me, I was glad though. But then, with my mother's entrance, I wasn't sure what to focus on. I didn't know what my mom would do.

Back at the office, I sat her on the waiting chair and went in the room where my mother waited.

She did not wait for me to even close the door. As soon as I had entered, she started.

"Namjoon...I'm very severely disappointed in you." My mother's beautiful face frowned as she met my eyes. "You look sick child, are you eating?"

"Mom..."

"Namjoon," my mother's voice was peeved, forgetting her worry just seconds ago. She was back to the real reason why she came.

It was also then that I realized that I would have rather have had my mother mad and angry at me than disappointed. Just like my Babygirl.

It was hard disappointing the women you loved.

"You're so foolish, such a foolish child..."

"Mother."

"You could have just told me..."

🚼

My mother said what she needed and left. The door closed behind her, there was an overwhelming silence between me and the inanimate door.

It had not been too bad.

She had hit me in the head twice for being so foolish and for lying to her. She was right of course. If I had not lied, the misunderstanding would have not occurred and the awkwardness between the girl of the blind and my mother would have been avoided.

I was overthinking it—as usual.

And my mother was also right about that. I needed to simplify my complicated hearts.

Then all of the sudden, I remembered something about mother wanting talk to babygirl too.

My head snapped to the door and I scrambled to get to my feet and to the door knob. Along the way, my feet tumbled but I was able to balance myself somehow and reach the door that had seeemed too far away.

My hand touched the cold steel and I had been about to twist the knob but it opened before I could touch it.

I was surprised as her name escaped my lips.

There was a flash in her eyes that took me back.

"Baby...?"