Wyvern x Reader Pt.2

Various townsfolk gathered in the main hall to discuss your fate. You held your head up proudly as the citizens whispered with pity to each other. Your father gripped your hand tightly as he led you to the outskirts of the castle and hoisted you up quietly on a noble steed.

The horse whinnied nervously, as if he could almost sense what was going to happen. Your shivering hands gripped the reins as your father told you of where to go.

"There's a great hill a little ways away from here. It's unnaturally green, and it has a wide cave entrance at the front of it. There should be a path that only you can walk. The horse knows it's way back. Please, be brave my daughter." You wanted to slap him.

"How can I be brave when I'm walking to my death?" You thought as you rode off in silence. The air was thick with dread as you passed many many trees and boulders. Small cottages and huts dotted the forest with people shut away behind their tree bark doors.

Windows were barred and the lawns looked barren as the wary inhabitants lay hidden from the Wyvern. You turned your head away from the desolate images and fixed your sight on a hill that towered in the distance. Clouds seemed to ominously gather there. Making your suicide run seem less and less appealing.

"What if I just took my steed and ran?" You thought dangerously to yourself.

"I could live my own life. Without fear of a Wyvern or a kingdom to run." You shook those thoughts out of your head.

"No, I need to stay strong for the well being of my kingdom. It doesn't matter if I don't want to lead them. They need me." You glared at the hill as you approached the base of it. You hopped off the horse. It didn't hesitate to bolt off in the direction you came in.

You felt completely and utterly alone in this moment. The rumbling snores of the Wyvern told you that he was sleeping. You had recalled stories of various cookie cutter heroes vanquishing monsters that were asleep with swords.

"I could slay the Wyvern and free my people AND get to save my own life!" You thought triumphantly. As you walked the path of doom you began to reflect on the idea of killing the creature.

Once you entered the mouth of the cave you saw that it was illuminated by the setting sun. The streams of sun light fluttered off of his ruby red scales and his massive head had smoke rings floating around it from his nostrils.

You approached him, stunned by how large he was. His gorgeous scales and ebony black claws were so beautiful to you.

"I can't kill him!" You finally decided. Stepping closer to him you noticed that a monstrous crimson eye was unveiled from behind his thick eyelids. He stared at you, and you stared back with awe.

"Im..I'm, sorry for staring! I've just never seen anything as beautiful as you." You said sheepishly.

The Wyvern lifted its thick head to face yours.

"Likewise."

If you liked this chapter and want another in the series please leave a like and comment! I plan on doing two more! If you like the idea of me doing short series instead of oneshots please let me know!