CHAPTER FORTY

Taehyung would be lying if he says that he wasn't scared. He was pushed against the edge of a chasm. Beneath it was nothing. Just endless void of pure black.

White mist curled up from the chasm and twisted itself around Taehyung's ankles. He gulped and tried to move but his feet had failed him.

Taehyung looked in front of him and saw six figures. All standing were no emotion visible on their faces, one of them came forward and pushed Taehyung against his chest.

The male stumbled and fell on his knees.
"Jungkook stop!!" He yelled as Jungkook kicked him.

Taehyung gripped the edge and held himself from falling. Small stones fell off from the edge and fell into the chasm without any sound of smashing against the ground below.

A sob left Taehyung's lips and Jungkook pushed him hard.
"JUNGKOOK !! NO PLEASE !!" Taehyung begged but the younger didn't stopped.

Jimin came forward and began pushing Taehyung with Jungkook. Finally, Taehyung's grip slipped and he fell into the void.

A scream left his lips as he got a hold on the edge. His body dangling and hands prying to keep the hold stable.

Jungkook stood over Taehyung and smirked.
"Jungkook please no" Taehyung begged but the Younger lifted his foot and smashed it against the older's hands.

Pain went shooting in his fingers and the grip finally slipped and Taehyung fell into the chasm and he screamed.

Taehyung woke up with a start and shot up straight in his bed. He gasped for breaths and rubbed his hand against his chest to calm himself down.

"Tae everything okay?" He heard a sleepy voice. He looked at his side and found Baekhyun rubbing his eyes.

"Huh yeah just a nightmare" Taehyung said in a shaken voice. Baekhyun hummed sadly and sat up beside his brother.

"I guess you should change and relax" Baekhyun said. Taehyung looked at his outfit and realized that he was still in his evening suit.

He gave his brother a nod and went to the bathroom for a shower. Taehyung came out wearing his comfy outfit.

He came back to his bed and collapse in it with a sigh

He came back to his bed and collapse in it with a sigh. Taehyung turned his head to look at Baekhyun who playing on his phone.

"What is your schedule for today?" Asked Taehyung. Baekhyun looked over him and said,"I need to go for a meeting today"

"You should get ready then" Taehyung said sleepily.
"Do you think that you'll be fine without me?" Asked Baekhyun.

Taehyung hummed and closed his eyes again. Baekhyun watched as Taehyung fell asleep again.

He got up and tugged his brother under the blanket. Then he went outside and dailed a specific number.

"Good morning sir" Said the chirpy voice.
"Good morning Samantha" Baekhyun said,"Do I have any meetings today?"

"Yes you do sir" His assistant replied.
"Cancel them all" Baekhyun said and hung up.

He went to his car, which was parked outside the gates as requested and got in.

Baekhyun called another person and connected the call with the car's bluetooth.

"Hello" Said the voice he now kinda resented.
"Send me the address of the hotel you are staying in" Baekhyun said,"We are meeting in 10"

***

Jungkook went downstairs in the lobby with Jimin. Both of the male stood there and looked around for a figure they were expecting.

Finally, Baekhyun came up to the boys and said,"Sorry to call you all so early"

"It's okay Baekhyun hyung" Jimin said and both of the boys bowed in respect. Baekhyun passed them a cold smile and said,"Shall we?"

"Yeah" Jungkook said,"Everyone is upstairs"
Baekhyun followed both the boys to the twentieth floor of the hotel. Jimin opened the door at the end of the hallway.

The trio was greeted by a glum atmosphere. The other four boys were spread across the room. Yoongi and Hoseok on the bed. Namjoon on the couch while Seokjin was standing at the door.

"Come on in" He said. Baekhyun seated himself on the couch and the boys gathered around.

"So I won't drag the things" Baekhyun said,"I don't want any of you near Taehyung. He will probably have a heart attack next time he sees you all"

"But hyung atleast tell us how is he" Hoseok asked a little to desperately.
"He is fine for now" Baekhyun said.

"Hyung" said Jungkook,"I was- actually all of us were thinking something"
"What is it?" Asked Baekhyun as he tilted his head to a side.

"Hyung we were wondering if you could just let us keep Taehyung for a week" Jungkook said,"Please"

"Absolute bullshit it is!!" Baekhyun said with a scowl,"Then we will have to send him to a freaking psychiatrist"

"No hyung please listen" Namjoon said.

"What is there to listen?!" Baekhyun said, coming in his brother mode.
"Hyung we won't force him to join the group again" Said Yoongi,"All we want to do is patch up with him"

Baekhyun took deep breaths to calm himself and then sat back down and said,"How will you do that without driving him insane?"

"Hyung we will just apologize and make up our friendship" Said Seokjin,"Then joining the group or not..Is fully his decision"

"I can't decide anything on Taehyung's behalf" Baekhyun said with finality,"It's up to him if he would accept this or not"

"Hyung please" Jimin said,"Please make him agree"
Baekhyun snorted and sneered,"A few months ago you all were after his blood. Now out of the blue you want to spend time with him"

The boys fell silent and looked at their hands with pure guilt and sadness. Baekhyun took a little pity on them and said,"Look boys. I have no grudge against you all. Yeah I am a bit angry at you for treating my brother badly, but now I have realized that Taehyung doesn't wants bad for you all."

The boys looked up with shocked eyes and Hoseok said,"That means he wants to come back?"

"I never said that" Baekhyun said,"All I'm saying is that Taehyung doesn't atleast hates you all. If he did, I swear BigHit would have been history..He just can't stay with you guys. He is happy as a sideline but not as a member"

"Atleast he can be our friend??" Yoongi asked.
"That depends on him not me" Baekhyun said and got up.

"I beg a leave boys" Baekhyun said and bowed,"Thank you for your time"

Before Baekhyun could leave, Namjoon stopped him and said,"Will he come with us? For a vacation atleast?"

"I'll see what I can do" Baekhyun said and left.